Pharmadesh Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Mebantrin. Please consult your doctor.
Mebantrin may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developi... View More
Mebantrin is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Mebantrin does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Mebantrin in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Mebantrin should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Mebantrin may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Mebantrin is an antiparasitic medication. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. It works by killing the worms and this treats your infection. ... View More
Uses of Mebantrin
- Worm infections
Side effects of Mebantrin
- Abdominal pain
How to use Mebantrin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Mebantrin may be taken wit... View More
How Mebantrin works
Mebantrin affects the permeability of the cell membrane thereby killing the worms.
- You have been prescribed Mebantrin to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Meba... View More
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.
Enterobiasis, Hookworm infections, Filariasis, Toxocariasis, Ascarisis, Trichuriasis, Trichostrongyliasis, Trichinellosis, Dracunculiasis
May be taken with or without food. May be swallowed whole, chewed, or crushed and mixed with food
Oral Adults: Enterobiasis : A single tablet( 100 mg) or 1 teaspoonful (5 ml) of the suspension. If cure is not achieved 3 wk after treatment, a ... View More
Oral Enterobiasis Child: >2 A single tablet( 100 mg) or 1 teaspoonful (5 ml) of the suspension. If cure is not achieved 3 wk after treatment, a s... View More
Hypersensitivity. Infants and children <2 yr.
Mode of Action
Mebendazole inhibits formation of helminth microtubules. It selectively and irreversibly blocks the uptake of glucose and other nutrients in susceptible... View More
Hepatic impairment. Childn. Pregnancy and lactation. Monitoring Parameters Periodic assessment of haematologic, hepatic, and renal function; check for h... View More
Transient diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, tinnitus, numbness, fever, alopecia, rash, pruritus, urticaria, angioedema, flushing, h... View More
Decreased plasma concentrations w/ carbamazepine and phenytoin. Increased plasma concentrations w/ cimetidine.
Alternative brand for Mebantrin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More