Ziska Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Mevelum does not cause any harmful side effects.
Mevelum is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in s... View More
Information regarding the use of Mevelum during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Mevelum does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Mevelum is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Mevelum may not be needed in th... View More
Mevelum is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Mevelum may not be needed in the... View More
Mevelum is a prescription medicine used to treat and relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome such as stomach pain and spasm, cramps in the abdomen,... View More
Uses of Mevelum
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Side effects of Mevelum
- Skin rash
How to use Mevelum
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Mevelum is to be taken emp... View More
How Mevelum works
Mevelum relaxes the muscles of the intestine and relieves spasm.
What if you forget to take Mevelum?
If you miss a dose of Mevelum, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your r... View More
- Mevelum relieves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome such as abdominal pain and cramps, bloating, flatulence and diarrhea alternating with constipation... View More
- Take it 20 minutes before a meal to relieve or reduce post meal symptoms.
- Talk to your doctor if your symptoms do not get better within two weeks of taking Mevelum, or get worse at any time.
- Stop taking Mevelum and consult a doctor if you experience difficulty in breathing or swelling of face, neck, tongue or throat.
- Do not stop taking the tablets without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), GI tract spasm
Oral Irritable bowel syndrome; Gastrointestinal tract spasm Adult: Tablet 135 mg tid, may reduce gradually after several wk when the desired effect ... View More
Mode of Action
Mebeverine is an antispasmodic agent which exerts direct action on the GI smooth muscle.
Caution should be exercised in porphyria or allergic reaction to this or any other medicine of this group.
Dizziness, headache, GI disturbances, insomnia, anorexia, decreased heart rate, hypersensitivity (e.g. urticaria, erythematous rash, angioedema).
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More