Mundipharma (Bangladesh) Pvt. Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol while taking Monocontin may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heart beat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure (... View More
Monocontin may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Monocontin is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Monocontin may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Monocontin is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Monocontin is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have any... View More
Monocontin is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Monocontin may not be needed ... View More
Monocontin is used to prevent heart-related chest pain (angina). It works by relaxing and widening blood vessels so blood can flow more easily to the he... View More
Uses of Monocontin
- Angina (heart-related chest pain)
Side effects of Monocontin
- Increased heart rate
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
How to use Monocontin
Use it as advised by your doctor or check the label for directions before use. Monocontin is to be taken empty stomach.
How Monocontin works
Monocontin is a nitrate. It reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply.
What if you forget to take Monocontin?
If you miss a dose of Monocontin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- You have been prescribed Imdur 30mg Tablet PR for the prevention and treatment of heart-related chest pain (angina).
- Eat healthy (low-fat, high-fiber, low-sodium diet), quit smoking, increase your physical activity, watch your weight and reduce stress.
- Imdur 30mg Tablet PR may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Imdur 30mg Tablet PR as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches which usually go away after a few days of continued treatment. Inform your doctor if it persists.
- You may develop tolerance to Imdur 30mg Tablet PR with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing sc... View More
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with Imdur 30mg Tablet PR as it may cause ... View More
Should be taken on an empty stomach (i.e. At least one hour before food or two hours after food).
Oral Angina Pectoris Prevention of angina pectoris caused by coronary artery disease Adult: 20 mg 2-3 times daily. Dose may range from 20-120 mg dail... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Severe hypotension or anaemia, hypovolaemia, heart failure due to obstruction, or raised intracranial pressure due to head trauma or cerebral haemorrhag... View More
Mode of Action
Isosorbide mononitrate relaxes vascular smooth muscles by stimulating cyclic-GMP. It decreases left ventricular pressure (preload) and arterial resistan... View More
Severe renal or severe hepatic impairment, hypothyroidism, malnutrition, or hypothermia. Caution in patients who are already hypotensive. May aggravate ... View More
Hypotension, tachycardia, flushing, headache, dizziness, palpitation, syncope, confusion. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. Restlessness, weakness and v... View More
Hypotensive effects may be increased when used with alcohol or vasodilators. Concurrent use with calcium channel blockers may lead to marked orthostatic... View More
Alternative brand for Monocontin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More