Consuming alcohol while taking Myzid may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heart beat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure (Disul... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Myzid may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing b... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Myzid is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not harm... View More
Myzid may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Myzid can cause fits, mental health problems and optic neuritis (inflammation of ... View More
Myzid should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Myzid may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Myzid should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Myzid may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Myzid is no... View More
Myzid is a combination medicine used in the treatment of tuberculosis. It prevents the growth of the microorganisms that cause the infection.
Myzid is ... View More
Side effects of Myzid
- Dark colored urine
- Increased liver enzymes
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
How to use Myzid
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Myzid is to be taken empty... View More
How Myzid works
Myzid is a combination of two antibiotics: Rifampicin and Isoniazid, which treats tuberculosis (TB). Rifampicin works by inactivating a bacterial enzyme... View More
- You have been prescribed Myzid for the treatment of tuberculosis.
- Finish the full course of the medication, even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back.
- Take it on an empty stomach, preferably at the same time everyday.
- It may discolour your urine, sweat, saliva and tears a reddish-orange colour. This is normal and not harmful.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin... View More
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Myzid as this may increase the risk of side effects on the liver.
- Use an alternative or additional contraceptive method (such as condoms or a diaphragm) to prevent pregnancy while you are taking Myzid as it may make ho... View More
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within at least two hours of taking Myzid.
Adult: Each tab contains rifampicin and isoniazid (mg):
<50 kg: 3 tab of 150/100 once daily;
>50 kg: 2 tab of 300/150 once daily... View More
Known or suspected hypersensitivity to rifamycins and/or to INH, and/or to any of the excipients including a history of drug-induced hepatitis; acute li... View More
Mode of Action
Rifampicin and isoniazid are active bactericidal anti-TB drugs which are particularly active against the rapidly growing extracellular organisms and als... View More
Use of isoniazid should be carefully monitored in the following:
Daily users of alcohol. Daily ingestion of alcohol may be associated with a highe... View More
Unwanted effects which may occur during continuous daily or intermittent therapy: Rifampicin: Rifampicin may cause reddish discolouration of body fluids... View More
May reduce effectivity of hormonal contraceptives. Reduced absorption w/ antacids. May decrease plasma concentrations of antivirals (e.g. atazanavir, da... View More