Powder for Suspension
The ACME Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Nidozox. Please consult your doctor.
Nidozox is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there... View More
Nidozox should be used with caution during breastfeeding. Breastfeeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is el... View More
Nidozox may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Nidozox in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Nidozox in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Nidozox is an antiparasitic medication, used in the treatment of diarrhea and worm infections. It inhibits the growth of the parasite and thus treats yo... View More
Uses of Nidozox
- Worm infections
Side effects of Nidozox
- Hair loss
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal pain
How to use Nidozox
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Nidozox is to be taken wit... View More
How Nidozox works
Nitazoxanide is an antiparasitic medication. It inhibits the production of certain chemicals and substances essential for energy metabolism and growth o... View More
- You have been prescribed Nidozox to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Nido... View More
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.
Should be taken with food.
Oral Giardiasis; Cryptosporidiosis Adult: 500 mg every 12 hr for 3 days.
Oral Giardiasis; Cryptosporidiosis Child: 1-3 yr: 100 mg(5 ml) every 12 hr; 4-11 yr: 200 mg(10ml) every 12 hr; >12 yr: 500 mg every 12 hr. All... View More
Mode of Action
Nitazoxanide is an antiprotozoal agent. Both nitazoxanide and its active metabolite (tizoxanide) interfere with the pyruvate:ferredoxin 2-oxidoreductase... View More
Renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy and lactation. Children <1 yr.
1-10% Headache (1%),Abdominal pain (8%),Diarrhea (2%),Nausea (3%),Chromaturia (2%),Vomiting (1%) <1% Increased ALT,Anorexia,Appetite increased,Crea... View More
May possibly interact with highly protein-bound drugs e.g. warfarin.
Alternative brand for Nidozox
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More