Premarin IV 25mg
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Premarin IV . Please consult your doctor.
Premarin IV is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe i... View More
Premarin IV is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the bab... View More
It is not known whether Premarin IV alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate a... View More
Premarin IV is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Premarin IV is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Premarin IV is a female sex hormone (estrogen). It is a part of female hormonal replacement therapy which helps in treating estrogen deficiency sympto... View More
Uses of Premarin IV
- Hormone replacement therapy
Side effects of Premarin IV
- Breast pain
- Hair loss
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Stomach cramp
How to use Premarin IV
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Premarin IV may be taken... View More
How Premarin IV works
Premarin IV is a mixture of estrogens (female sex hormone). In women who are undergoing or have attained menopause, it prevents symptoms such as hot f... View More
What if you forget to take Premarin IV ?
If you miss a dose of Premarin IV , take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to ... View More
- You have been prescribed Premarin IV as a part of hormone replacement therapy to relieve symptoms of menopause.
- It may also be used for preventing osteoporosis in postmenopausal women who are at high risk of fractures.
- Take it at the same time everyday to help you remember to take it.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any unusual vaginal bleeding or spotting, abnormal vaginal discharge or vaginal discomfort while taking Premarin IV... View More
- It may increase the risk of breast cancer. Have regular breast examinations.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain,... View More
Osteoporosis, Fungal infections, Itching, Burning, Hot flashes, Vaginal dryness, Vaginal atrophy, Menopausal symptoms, Female hypogonadism, Metastatic b... View More
Menopausal Vasomotor Symptoms, Atrophic Vaginitis/Kraurosis Vulvae 0.3 mg PO once daily in either continuous daily regimen or cyclic regimen (25 days o... View More
Severe liver impairment; breast carcinoma; thromboembolic disorders; CV disease; undiagnosed vag bleeding; estrogen-dependent neoplasms; hypersensitivit... View More
Mode of Action
Estrogens modulate pituitary secretion of gonadotropins, leutinising hormones and follicle-stimulating hormones through -ve feedback mechanism, thus red... View More
Asthma, epilepsy, migraine; heart or kidney dysfunction; CV disease; cerebrovascular disorders; diabetes, hypercalcaemia; gall bladder disease; porphyri... View More
>10% Abdominal pain (15-17%),Back pain (13-14%),Breast enlargement,Breast tenderness (7-12%),Headache (26-32%),Arthralgia (7-14%),Pharyngitis (10-12%),... View More
Rifampicin, barbiturates increase rate of metabolism. Potentially Fatal: May reduce the efficacy of anticoagulants.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More