NIPRO JMI Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Receca. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Receca during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Receca during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Receca does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Receca should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Receca may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Receca s... View More
Receca should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Receca may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Receca is used in the treatment of symptoms of acute diarrhea. It should be used along with abundant liquid intake and dietary measures. This medicine i... View More
Uses of Receca
Side effects of Receca
How to use Receca
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Receca is to be taken with food.
How Receca works
Receca has an anti-secretory effect. It reduces the secretion of water and electrolytes from the intestine. This helps to reduce the amount of fluid los... View More
What if you forget to take Receca?
If you miss a dose of Receca, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Receca should be used together with an oral rehydration solution (ORS) to provide adequate fluid and electrolyte replacement.
- Don't use Receca, if you have blood and pus in the stools or fever. This may be due to bacterial infection and may need different treatment.
- Not recommended to be taken more than 7 days.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Don't use Receca, if you have uncontrolled vomiting.
- Don't use Receca in children less than 3 months.
- Receca sachet should be taken orally, directly or mixed with water. Make sure it is mixed well, and then give the total dose immediately to your child.
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Acute diarrhoea Adult: 100 mg tid. Continue treatment until 2 normal stools are recorded. Max duration: 7 days.
Oral Acute diarrhoea Child: 3 mth to 17 yr <9 kg: 10 mg tid; 9 to <13 kg: 20 mg tid; 13-27 kg: 30 mg tid; >27 kg: 60 mg tid. Continue treatmen... View More
Hypersensitivity to Racecadotril, or to any of the excipients.
Mode of Action
Racecadotril increases the availability of endogenous opioids (enkephalins) by inhibiting the membrane-bound enkephalinase. These enkephalins activate d... View More
Chronic & antibiotic-associated diarrhoea, bloddy or purulent stools & fever, patients w/ diabetes, renal or liver impairment, cases of prolonged or unc... View More
Headache, tonsillitis, rash, erythema multiforme or nodosum; tongue, face, lip or eyelid oedema; angioedema, urticaria, prurigo, pruritus.
Alternative brand for Receca
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More