Novartis (Bangladesh) Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol while taking Rimactazid 100 may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heart beat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressu... View More
Rimactazid 100 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the dev... View More
Rimactazid 100 is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is... View More
Rimactazid 100 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Rimactazid 100 can cause fits, mental health problems and optic neuritis... View More
Rimactazid 100 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Rimactazid 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.... View More
Rimactazid 100 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Rimactazid 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. ... View More
Rimactazid 100 is a combination medicine used in the treatment of tuberculosis. It prevents the growth of the microorganisms that cause the infection. ... View More
Uses of Rimactazid 100
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Side effects of Rimactazid 100
- Dark colored urine
- Increased liver enzymes
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
How to use Rimactazid 100
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Rimactazid 100 is to be ta... View More
How Rimactazid 100 works
Rimactazid 100 is a combination of two antibiotics: Rifampicin and Isoniazid, which treats tuberculosis (TB). Rifampicin works by inactivating a bacteri... View More
- You have been prescribed Rimactazid 100 for the treatment of tuberculosis.
- Finish the full course of the medication, even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back.
- Take it on an empty stomach, preferably at the same time everyday.
- It may discolour your urine, sweat, saliva and tears a reddish-orange colour. This is normal and not harmful.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin... View More
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Rimactazid 100 as this may increase the risk of side effects on the liver.
- Use an alternative or additional contraceptive method (such as condoms or a diaphragm) to prevent pregnancy while you are taking Rimactazid 100 as it ma... View More
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within at least two hours of taking Rimactazid 100.
Oral Tuberculosis Adult: Each tab contains rifampicin and isoniazid (mg): <50 kg: 3 tab of 150/100 once daily; >50 kg: 2 tab of 300/150 once daily... View More
Known or suspected hypersensitivity to rifamycins and/or to INH, and/or to any of the excipients including a history of drug-induced hepatitis; acute li... View More
Mode of Action
Rifampicin and isoniazid are active bactericidal anti-TB drugs which are particularly active against the rapidly growing extracellular organisms and als... View More
Use of isoniazid should be carefully monitored in the following: Daily users of alcohol. Daily ingestion of alcohol may be associated with a highe... View More
Unwanted effects which may occur during continuous daily or intermittent therapy: Rifampicin: Rifampicin may cause reddish discolouration of body fluids... View More
May reduce effectivity of hormonal contraceptives. Reduced absorption w/ antacids. May decrease plasma concentrations of antivirals (e.g. atazanavir, da... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More