Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Rostil SR does not cause any harmful side effects.
Rostil SR is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in... View More
Information regarding the use of Rostil SR during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Rostil SR does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Rostil SR is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Rostil SR may not be needed i... View More
Rostil SR is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Rostil SR may not be needed in... View More
Rostil SR is a prescription medicine used to treat and relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome such as stomach pain and spasm, cramps in the abdome... View More
Uses of Rostil SR
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Side effects of Rostil SR
- Skin rash
How to use Rostil SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Rostil SR is to be taken e... View More
How Rostil SR works
Rostil SR relaxes the muscles of the intestine and relieves spasm.
What if you forget to take Rostil SR?
If you miss a dose of Rostil SR, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your... View More
- Rostil SR relieves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome such as abdominal pain and cramps, bloating, flatulence and diarrhea alternating with constipati... View More
- Take it 20 minutes before a meal to relieve or reduce post meal symptoms.
- Talk to your doctor if your symptoms do not get better within two weeks of taking Rostil SR, or get worse at any time.
- Stop taking Rostil SR and consult a doctor if you experience difficulty in breathing or swelling of face, neck, tongue or throat.
- Do not stop taking the tablets without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), GI tract spasm
Oral Irritable bowel syndrome; Gastrointestinal tract spasm Adult: Tablet 135 mg tid, may reduce gradually after several wk when the desired effect ... View More
Mode of Action
Mebeverine is an antispasmodic agent which exerts direct action on the GI smooth muscle.
Caution should be exercised in porphyria or allergic reaction to this or any other medicine of this group.
Dizziness, headache, GI disturbances, insomnia, anorexia, decreased heart rate, hypersensitivity (e.g. urticaria, erythematous rash, angioedema).
Alternative brand for Rostil SR
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More