Powder for Suspension
Labaid Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Roxilab Plus does not cause any harmful side effects.
Roxilab Plus is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, ... View More
Roxilab Plus is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is n... View More
Not relevant, as Roxilab Plus is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
There is limited information available on the use of Roxilab Plus in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Roxilab Plus in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Roxilab Plus is a combination medicine that is used to treat various types of bacterial infections. It fights against the microorganisms to prevent thei... View More
Uses of Cefakind-CV Tablet
- Bacterial infections
Side effects of Cefakind-CV Tablet
- Increased liver enzymes
- Allergic reaction
How to use Cefakind-CV Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Roxilab Plus may be taken ... View More
How Cefakind-CV Tablet works
Roxilab Plus is a combination of two medicines: Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the... View More
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections, even if they have developed resistance.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder ... View More
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Roxilab Plus and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulti... View More
- Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.
Pharyngitis, Acute otitis media, Lyme disease, Susceptible infections, Sinusitis,Otitis media, Skin and skin structure infections,Tonsillitis, Respirato... View More
Tab: May be taken with or without food. Oral susp: Should be taken with food.
Adolescents & adults: Pharyngitis or Tonsillitis: 250 mg twice daily 5-10 days Acute bacterial maxillary sinusitis: 250 mg twice daily 10 days Acute ... View More
Paediatric patients (3 months to 12 years) Pharyngitis or Tonsillitis: 20 mg/kg/day in two divided doses 5-10 days Acute otitis media: 30 mg/kg/day in... View More
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins.
Mode of Action
Cefuroxime binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in b... View More
Severe renal impairment; pregnancy, lactation; hypersensitivity to penicillins. Lactation: Drug excreted in breast milk; use with caution
>10% Diarrhea (4-11%; depends on duration) 1-10% Decreased hemoglobin or hematocrit (10%),Eosinophilia (7%),Nausea or vomiting (3-7%),Vaginitis (<5... View More
May enhance the nephrotoxic effect of strong-acting diuretics (e.g. furosemide) and aminoglycosides. May enhance the effect of oral anticoagulants. May ... View More
Alternative brand for Roxilab Plus
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More