It is unsafe to consume alcohol with S-Clon.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
S-Clon may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing ... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
S-Clon is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Baby sh... View More
S-Clon may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
S-Clon may impair alertness and motor coordination, including the risk of mornin... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
S-Clon is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of S-Clon is recommended.
S-Clon should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of S-Clon may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Limited i... View More
S-Clon is a prescription medicine used to treat insomnia. It reduces sleep onset time and frequent awakening at night. This medicine improves sleep main... View More
Side effects of S-Clon
- Taste change
- Dryness in mouth
- Respiratory tract infection
- Viral infection
How to use S-Clon
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. S-Clon is to be taken empt... View More
How S-Clon works
S-Clon belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
- Your doctor has prescribed ZOLNITE 2 MG TABLET to help you fall asleep faster and sleep for longer.
- It is best taken without food as a high-fat meal can reduce its absorption and effect.
- Take it 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime and only when you have time to sleep for at least 7 hours.
- It makes you feel dizzy next morning. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It does not affect total sleep time. However, it reduces sleep onset time and frequent awakening at night.
- Never share your medication with any other person who also has a sleep problem.
- Inform your doctor if your sleep doesn’t improve after 7 to 10 days of treatment.
- Stop taking medication and inform your doctor If you experience sleep driving or memory loss.
- Inform your doctor if you notice behavioral changes, new or worsening depression or suicidal thoughts.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of depression, drug/alcohol abuse, and liver disease.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly as it may lead to anxiety, mood changes, and restlessness.
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take immediately before going to bed. Avoid taking after a heavy meal.
Adult: 1 mg immediately before bedtime, may increase to 2 or 3 mg if necessary. Max: 3 mg daily.
Elderly: Max: 2 mg daily.
Hepatic i... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Mode of Action
Eszopiclone is an S-enantiomer of zopiclone; a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic of the cyclopyrrolone class. It is structurally unrelated to pyrazolopyrimidin... View More
Initiate treatment only after careful evaluation of patients; failure of insomnia to remit after 7-10 days of treatment may indicate presence of primary... View More
Headache (13-21%),Unpleasant taste (17-34% in non-elderly)
Abnormal dreams (elderly),Accidental injury (elderly),Diarrhea,Dizziness,Dry ... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Available pharmacovigilance data with use in pregnant women are insufficient to identify drug-associated risk of major birth defects, miscarr... View More
Concurrent use of CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, troleandomycin, ritonavir, nelfinavir) may decrease me... View More