Sharif Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Asmaloc.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Asmaloc may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Asmaloc is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not ha... View More
Asmaloc does not usually affect your ability to drive.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Asmaloc is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Asmaloc is recommended.
Asmaloc should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Asmaloc may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Asmaloc is used to treat and prevent symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (a lung disorder in which flow of air to the lung is ... View More
Uses of Asmaloc
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Side effects of Asmaloc
- Upset stomach
How to use Asmaloc
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Asmaloc is to be taken wit... View More
How Asmaloc works
Asmaloc is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
- You have been prescribed OD PHYLLIN 600 MG TABLET for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjus... View More
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Bronchospasm, Apnoea of prematurity
May be taken with or without food, at least 1 hour before or 2 hour after meal.
Oral Acute Asthma Loading Dose: 5 mg/kg loading dose (patient not receiving theophylline or aminophylline). Maintenance of Asthma, COPD General Do... View More
Oral Acute Asthma Loading Dose: 5 mg/kg loading dose If no theophylline has been administered in the previous 24 hours 2.5 mg/kg loading dose If theo... View More
Hypersensitivity to xanthine derivatives, porphyria.
Mode of Action
Theophylline competitively blocks phosphodiesterase which increases cAMP tissue concentrations causing bronchodilatation, diuresis, CNS and cardiac stim... View More
Patient w/ peptic ulceration, hyperthyroidism, DM, glaucoma, severe hypoxemia, epilepsy, HTN, heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias or other CV disease, ac... View More
Nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, abdominal cramps, anorexia, diarrhoea, haematemesis; headache, irritability, restlessness, nervousness, insomnia, diz... View More
Increased plasma concentrations w/ allopurinol, some antiarrhythmics, cimetidine, disulfiram, fluvoxamine, interferon alfa, macrolide antibiotics, quino... View More
Alternative brand for Asmaloc
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More