Square Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol while taking Secnid 500 may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heart beat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure (... View More
Secnid 500 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Secnid 500 should be used with caution during breastfeeding. Breastfeeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is... View More
Secnid 500 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Secnid 500 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Secnid 500 is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Secnid 500 may not be needed ... View More
Secnid 500 is an antibiotic medicine that helps your body fight infections caused by bacteria and parasites. It is used to treat infections of the liver... View More
Uses of Secnid 500
- Bacterial & parasitic infections
Side effects of Secnid 500
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal yeast infection
How to use Secnid 500
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Secnid 500 is to be taken ... View More
How Secnid 500 works
Secnid 500 is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
What if you forget to take Secnid 500?
If you miss a dose of Secnid 500, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Secnid 500 used in a high dose or for a prolonged time increases the risk of side effects such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your docto... View More
- Do not drink alcohol during or for 2-3 days after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
- Secnid 500 treats infections caused by bacteria and parasites.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.
Giardiasis, Amoebiasis, Trichomoniasis
Oral Trichomoniasis; Amoebiasis; Giardiasis Adult: 2 g as a single dose. Severe invasive amoebiasis Adult: 1.5 g daily as single or in divided dos... View More
Oral Trichomoniasis; Amoebiasis; Giardiasis Child: 30 mg/kg as a single dose. Severe invasive amoebiasis Child: 30 mg/kg daily for 5 days.
Hypersensitivity; pregnancy (1st trimester) and lactation.
Mode of Action
Secnidazole is active against E histolytica, G lamblia, T vaginalis, Clostridium spp, B fragilis, Gardnerella spp. The drug enters the microorganisms by... View More
Avoid alcohol and disulfiram. Avoid in patients with history of blood disorders.
Nausea, gastralgia, change of taste, metallic taste, stomatitis, urticaria, rashes, leucopenia. Rarely vertigo, moderate neurological, digestive disturb... View More
Concurrent disulfiram admin may cause psychotic reactions. Disulfiram-like reactions with alcohol. Cimetidine may prolong half-life. Potentially Fata... View More
Alternative brand for Secnid 500
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More