General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Slipam 15 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Slipam 15 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful ef... View More
Slipam 15 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Slipam 15 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. As Slipam 15 may cause side effects such as reduced alertness, confusion, tir... View More
Slipam 15 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Slipam 15 is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have any u... View More
Slipam 15 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Slipam 15 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Sli... View More
Slipam 15 belongs to a class of medicines known as benzodiazepines. It is a prescription medicine used to treat insomnia. It relaxes the brain and helps... View More
Uses of Slipam 15
Side effects of Slipam 15
- Impaired coordination
How to use Slipam 15
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Slipam 15 may be taken wit... View More
How Slipam 15 works
Slipam 15 is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of ... View More
What if you forget to take Slipam 15?
If you miss a dose of Slipam 15, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your... View More
- If you are taking Slipam 15 for the treatment of insomnia, it should not be used for more than 4 weeks.
- Take it 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime and only when you have time to sleep for at least 7 hours.
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- Never share your medication with any other person who also has a sleep problem.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- If you have been taking this medicine for a long time, regular monitoring of blood and liver functions may be required.
- Stop taking medication and inform your doctor If you experience sleep-driving or memory loss.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from depression, as this medicine may worsen the symptoms of depression.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremo... View More
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Short-term management of insomnia Adult: 15-30 mg at night. Elderly: Max: 15 mg at night.
Oral Short-term management of insomnia Child: >15 yr 15 mg at night. Elderly: Max: 15 mg at night.
Hypersensitivity; porphyria. Pregnancy (3rd trimester); neonates.
Mode of Action
Flurazepam is a long-acting benzodiazepine which binds to stereospecific benzodiazepine receptors on the postsynaptic GABA neuron w/in the CNS, includin... View More
Chronic pulmonary insufficiency; elderly or debilitated patients; muscle weakness, impaired liver or kidney function; drowsiness may affect skilled task... View More
Common Ataxia,Dizziness,Drowsiness,Lethargy,Light-headedness Less Common Chest pain, palpitations,Headache, irritability, nervousness, weakness,GI ... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: X Lactation: Excretion in milk unknown; not recommended Minor tranquilizers should be avoided in 1st trimester of pregnancy du... View More
May enhance CNS depressant effect w/ antidepressants, antipsychotics, general anaesth, hypnotics or sedatives, opioid analgesics. Flurazepam clearance m... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More