General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Sumigran may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Sumigran may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developin... View More
Sumigran is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not h... View More
Sumigran may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Sumigran in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Sumigran should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Sumigran may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Sumig... View More
Sumigran is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of migraine. It relieves the symptoms of migraine and prevents the attack from becoming worse.... View More
Uses of Sumigran
Side effects of Sumigran
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
How to use Sumigran
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sumigran may be taken with... View More
How Sumigran works
Migraine headaches are thought to result from the dilatation (swelling) of blood vessels in the head. Sumigran works by constricting (narrowing) the blo... View More
- You have been prescribed Sumigran for treatment of migraine headaches.
- Some tips that may help avoid a migraine attack:
- It may cause sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine occurs more often after starting the medication.
- Notify your doctor if you have stomach pain, headache, bloody diarrhoea or worsening high blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- This medication does not prevent migraine attacks from happening.
Migraine, Cluster headache
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Migraine Adult: >18 yr: 50-100 mg repeated at 2-hr intervals if migraine recurs. Max: 200 mg/24 hr. Mild to moderate hepatic impairment: Max s... View More
<18 years: Safety and efficacy not established
Not to be used prophylactically and in patients with basilar or hemiplegic or ophthalmoplegic migraine. History of MI or stroke, severe hepatic impairme... View More
Mode of Action
Sumatriptan is a selective serotonin agonist that acts at 5-HT1 receptors. It causes vasoconstriction of cranial arteries and/or inhibition of neurogeni... View More
Conditions predisposing to seizures, presence of coronary risk factors, cardiac arrhythmias, renal or hepatic impairment, elderly, pregnancy, lactation.... View More
>10% Injection site reaction (<86%),Paresthesia (5-14%),Dizziness (12%),Warm/hot sensation (11%) 1-10% Chest discomfort/pressure/tightness (2-5%),J... View More
Concurrent use increased risk of vasospastic reaction with ergotamine and related compounds. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of serotonin syndrome ... View More
Alternative brand for Sumigran
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More