Eskayef Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Telazine 5 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Telazine 5 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Telazine 5 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Telazine 5 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Telazine 5 make u feel dizzy, drowsy or can cause blurred vision. This may a... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Telazine 5 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Telazine 5 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor. However, the use of Telazine... View More
Telazine 5 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia. It alters the thoughts and elevates the mood, improving the person’s abili... View More
Uses of Telazine 5
- Anxiety disorder
Side effects of Telazine 5
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Dryness in mouth
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
- Weight gain
- Increased prolactin level in blood
- Urinary retention
- Muscle stiffness
How to use Telazine 5
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Telazine 5 is to be taken ... View More
How Telazine 5 works
Telazine 5 is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
- You have been prescribed Trazine LS Tablet for the treatment of schizophrenia.
- It may cause less weight gain as compared to other similar medicines.
- Take it at bedtime to avoid feeling sleepy during the day.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Trazine LS Tablet can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as it can cause increased sedation.
- Inform your doctor if you experience abnormal movements, particularly of the face, lips, jaw and tongue, while taking this medicine.
- It may increase your blood sugar and cholesterol level. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Don't stop taking Trazine LS Tablet without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Anxiety, Psychoses, Nausea and vomiting, Schizophrenia
Should be taken with food.
Oral Psychoses, Schizophrenia Adult: Outpatient 1-2 mg PO q12hr Inpatient Initial: 2-5 mg PO q12hr Maintenance Dose: 15-20 mg/day Not to exce... View More
Schizophrenia/Psychosis Inpatient <6 years: Safety and efficacy not established 6-12 years old: 1 mg PO qDay or q12hr; not to exceed 15 mg/day 12 ye... View More
Preexisting CNS depression and coma; bone marrow depression, blood dyscrasias, liver disease, hypersensitivity to phenothiazines, prolactin dependent tu... View More
Mode of Action
Trifluoperazine inhibits dopamine D2 receptors in the brain. It has weak anticholinergic and sedative effects but strong extrapyramidal and antiemetic e... View More
Cardiovascular disease, epilepsy, angle-closure glaucoma, exposure to extreme temperatures, elderly, parkinson's disease, myasthenia gravis, benign pros... View More
EPS (60%; muscle stiffness, dystonia, parkinsonism, tardive dyskinesia, akathisia), Drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, dizziness, sedation, antimusc... View More
Increased CNS depression with CNS depressants such as opiates or other analgesics, barbiturates or other sedatives, general anaesthetics, or alcohol. In... View More
Alternative brand for Telazine 5
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More