Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Tenafet does not cause any harmful side effects.
Information regarding the use of Tenafet during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Tenafet during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Tenafet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Tenafet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Tenafet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Tenafet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. It is effective in infections of the respiratory tract (eg. pneumonia... View More
Uses of Tenafet
- Bacterial infections
Side effects of Tenafet
- Allergic reaction
How to use Tenafet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tenafet may be taken with ... View More
How Tenafet works
Tenafet is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them t... View More
What if you forget to take Tenafet?
If you miss a dose of Tenafet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your r... View More
- Your doctor has prescribed Tenafet to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Discontinue Tenafet and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your st... View More
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Tenafet as it may cause increased side effects.
Pneumonia, Pharyngitis, Susceptible infections, Sinusitis, Otitis media, Tonsillitis, Soft tissue infections, Respiratory tract infections, Acute Exacer... View More
Adults: 500 mg twice daily.
Children over 12 years: 500 mg twice daily. Children under 12 years: Usual dosage is 10 mg/kg twice daily. <15 kg (approximately 6 months - 3 ye... View More
Known hypersensitivity to cephalosporins.
Mode of Action
Cefetamet is a 3rd generation cephalosporin. It inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in the bacterial cell wall by bindin... View More
Hypersensitivity to penicillins. Renal insufficiency; lactation.
Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, hypersensitivity reactions.
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Available data from published observational studies, case series, and case reports over several decades with cephalosporin use, including cef... View More
Alternative brand for Tenafet
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More