Zenith Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Tetrazen does not cause any harmful side effects.
Tetrazen is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in ... View More
Tetrazen is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby. Us... View More
Tetrazen does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Tetrazen should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tetrazen may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Tetr... View More
Tetrazen should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tetrazen may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Tetrazen is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections in your body. It is effective in some infections of the lungs, urinary tract, eyes... View More
Uses of Tetrazen
- Bacterial infections
Side effects of Tetrazen
How to use Tetrazen
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tetrazen is to be taken empty stomach.
How Tetrazen works
Tetrazen is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
- Your doctor has prescribed Tetrazen to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder ... View More
- Do not take antacids or medicines containing zinc or iron at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking Tetrazen.
- Discontinue Tetrazen and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your sto... View More
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Tetrazen affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Acne, Lyme disease, Uncomplicated gonorrhea, Syphilis, Psittacosis, Q fever, Pleural effusions, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lymphogranuloma venereum, ... View More
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take on an empty stomach 1 hr before or 2 hr after meals w/ a full glass of water, in upright position. May be take... View More
Oral Susceptible infections Adult: 250-500 mg 6 hrly. Max: 4 g/day. Acne Adult: 250-500 mg daily, in divided doses, for at least 3 mth. Syphi... View More
Oral Children : <8 years: Not recommended >8 y: 25–50 mg/kg/day q6h not to exceed 3 g/day
Renal impairment CrCl 50-80 mL/min: Dose frequency q8-12hr CrCl 10-50 mL/min: Dose frequency q12-24hr CrCl <10 mL/min: Dose frequency q24hr
Hypersensitivity; pregnancy, lactation, children; renal impairment.
Mode of Action
Tetracycline exhibits its bacteriostatic action by reversibly binding to the 30S subunits of the ribosome, thus preventing protein synthesis and arresti... View More
Patient w/ pre-existing SLE, myasthenia gravis. Hepatic and mild to moderate renal impairment. Pregnancy. Patient Counselling Avoid direct exposure to s... View More
>10% Discoloration of teeth and enamel hypoplasia (young children) 1-10% Diarrhea,Nausea,Photosensitivity <1% Anorexia,Abdominal cramps,Antibio... View More
Impaired absorption w/ antacids containing divalent and trivalent cations (e.g. Al, Ca, Mg), Fe, Zn and Na bicarbonate preparations, kaolin-pectin, bism... View More
Alternative brand for Tetrazen
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More