Nuvista Pharma Ltd
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Tibilon 2.5.
Tibilon 2.5 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful ... View More
Information regarding the use of Tibilon 2.5 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Tibilon 2.5 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Tibilon 2.5 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Tibilon 2.5 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Tibilon 2.5 is a female sex hormone (estrogen). This is a type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) that is used to treat symptoms associated with menop... View More
Uses of Tibilon 2.5
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Post menopausal osteoporosis
Side effects of Tibilon 2.5
- Breast pain
- Stomach pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal inflammation
- Vaginal spotting
- Weight gain
How to use Tibilon 2.5
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tibilon 2.5 may be taken w... View More
How Tibilon 2.5 works
Tibilon 2.5 is a hormonal medication. It has effects similar to estrogen, progesterone and androgen. It substitutes for the loss of estrogen production ... View More
- Tibilon 2.5 is used as a part of hormone replacement therapy to relieve symptoms of menopause such as hot flushes, vaginal dryness, depression, and nigh... View More
- It may also be used for preventing osteoporosis in women who have attained menopause and are at high risk of fractures.
- Take it at the same time everyday to help you remember to take it.
- It may cause bleeding or spotting in between menstrual periods. Let your doctor know if this occurs frequently.
- Stop taking Tibilon 2.5 and inform your doctor immediately if you get severe headaches, stabbing pains or swelling in one leg, and pain on breathing. Th... View More
- Ensure that you regularly check your breasts for any changes and undergo regular breast screening and cervical smear tests while on treatment with this ... View More
- Do not use Tibilon 2.5 if you have a history of blood clots and liver disease.
Menopausal vasomotor symptoms, [hot flushes, sweating, vaginal dryness & less elasticity, mood disorders, anxiety etc.], postmenopausal and post oophore... View More
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Menopausal vasomotor symptoms; Adult: 2.5 mg daily. Symptomatic relief occurs within few days, but optimal results are obtained minimum after ... View More
Known or suspected oestrogen dependent tumours in women, present or history of breast cancer, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, severe liver disease, histor... View More
Mode of Action
Tibolone is a steroid that possesses oestrogenic, progestogenic and weak androgenic properties.
Liver disease, history or risk factors of thromboembolic disorder, impaired glucose tolerance, hypercholesterolaemia, hypertriglyceridaemia, hypertensio... View More
Weight gain; dizziness; rash; pruritus; headache; migraine; visual disturbances; GI symptoms; facial hair growth; altered liver function; ankle oedema; ... View More
Enzyme inducers eg, barbiturates, phenytoin, carbamazepine and rifampicin may accelerate tibolone metabolism. Increased anticoagulant effects of warfari... View More
Alternative brand for Tibilon 2.5
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More