Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Tridopa 50.
Tridopa 50 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Tridopa 50 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Tridopa 50 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Tridopa 50 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Tridopa 50 may not be needed... View More
Tridopa 50 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tridopa 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Tridopa 50 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. This medicine helps to reduce excessive shaking by slowing down the ... View More
Uses of Tridopa 50
- Parkinson's disease
Side effects of Tridopa 50
- Urine discoloration
- Dryness in mouth
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
- Abnormal dreams
How to use Tridopa 50
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tridopa 50 may be taken wi... View More
How Tridopa 50 works
Tridopa 50 is a combination of three medicines: Levodopa, Carbidopa and Entacapone which treat Parkinsonism. Levodopa is a Carbidopa precursor which get... View More
- You have been prescribed Tridopa 50 to treat your symptoms of parkinson's disease.
- Avoid a high-protein diet (eg.meat, poultry, and dairy products) while you are taking this medicine as that can reduce the amount of medication absorbed... View More
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor. It may result in a serious syndrome that causes fever, stiff muscles, unusual... View More
- Talk to your doctor in case you develop hallucinations or notice other changes in your behavior.
Parkinson's disease and 'end of dose' motor fluctuations
May be taken with or without food. Keep a consistent diet. A change in diet to foods high in protein may delay levodopa absorption & reduce amount taken... View More
Parkinson's disease Adult: PO: Each tab contains levodopa and carbidopa in a ratio of 4:1 and entacapone 200 mg: Initial: 1 tab/day. Titrate dose acco... View More
Safety & efficacy not established
Hypersensitivity. Narrow angle glaucoma. Should not be used in patients with suspicious, undiagnosed skin lesions or a history ot melanoma.
Mode of Action
Levodopa is the metabolic precurosor of dopamine, it crosses the blood-brain barrier and is converted to dopamine in the brain. Carbidopa increases the ... View More
Periodic monitoring of hepatic, renal, haematopoietic and CV functions in patients on prolonged therapy. Monitor for changes in IOP in patients with chr... View More
>10% Entacapone Dyskinesia (25%),Nausea (14%),Diarrhea (10%),Hyperkinesia (10%),Urine discoloration (10%) 1-10% Entacapone Hypokinesia (9%), dizz... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: C Lactation: not known if excreted in breast milk; use caution
Increased risk of postural hypotension when used concurrently with hypotensive drugs. Severe orthostatic hypotension may result from concurrent usage wi... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More