Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Vancomin does not cause any harmful side effects.
Vancomin may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developin... View More
Vancomin is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Vancomin does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Vancomin should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Vancomin may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Regular mon... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Vancomin in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Vancomin is an antibiotic used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections in hospitalized patients. It is effective against infections of the respi... View More
Uses of Vancomin
- Severe bacterial infections
Side effects of Vancomin
- Decreased blood pressure
- Renal injury
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
How to use Vancomin
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Vancomin works
Vancomin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to s... View More
- You have been prescribed Vancomin to treat serious bacterial infections of the heart, blood, bones, and soft tissues.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder ... View More
- It should be taken slowly via a drip. Fast infusion can lead to reactions such as low blood pressure, wheezing, shortness of breath or itching.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function and your hearing while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to check the level of this medicine in your blood.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Septicaemia, Soft tissue infections, Osteomyelitis, Enterocolitis, Colitis, Serious staphylococcal or other Gm +ve infections, Bacterial endocarditis
IV Preparation Add 10 mL of SWI to 500-mg vial and 20 mL of SWI to 1-g vial to yield 50 mg/mL solution; further dilution is required, depending on meth... View More
Intravenous Severe staphylococcal or other Gram-positive infections, Endocarditis Adult: 500 mg 6 hrly, infused over at least 60 min or 1 g 12 hrly, i... View More
Intravenous Children Severe staphylococcal or other Gram-positive infections, Endocarditis <1 month: 15 mg/kg followed by 10 mg/kg IV q12hr for neona... View More
Renal impairment: Patient on intermittent haemodialysis: Loading dose: 15-25 mg/kg on day 1, followed by 5-10 mg/kg maintenance dose after each dialysis... View More
Hypersensitivity to the drug; history of impaired hearing; IM administration.
Mode of Action
Vancomycin binds tightly to D-alanyl-D-alanine portion cell wall precursor causing blockage of glycopeptide polymerisation which produces immediate inhi... View More
Patient w/ allergic reaction to teicoplanin, previous hearing loss, inflammatory bowel disease. Renal impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy and lactation. Moni... View More
>10% Erythematous rash on face and upper body (red neck or red man syndrome; related to infusion rate),Hypotension accompanied by flushing 1-10% C... View More
General anaesth may enhance the adverse effects of vancomycin. Increased risk of ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity w/ aminoglycosides, polymyxins, ciclospo... View More
Alternative brand for Vancomin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More