Novartis (Bangladesh) Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Vaxib.
Vaxib may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing b... View More
Information regarding the use of Vaxib during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Vaxib may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Vaxib is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Vaxib may not be needed in these ... View More
Vaxib should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Vaxib may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Vaxib is no... View More
Vaxib is a pain relieving medicine. It alleviates pain, redness, and swelling in various conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and an... View More
Uses of Vaxib
- Pain relief
Side effects of Vaxib
- Flu-like symptoms
- Peripheral edema
- Stomach pain
How to use Vaxib
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Vaxib may be taken with or... View More
How Vaxib works
Vaxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that ar... View More
- Vaxib helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- It may cause fewer stomach problems as compared to other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It may cause dizziness and fatigue. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure while taking this medicine, particularly in the first two weeks after starting treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcers, heart diseases, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease.
- During long-term treatment, your doctor may want to take regular blood tests to monitor your liver function.
- Do not take Vaxib if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Dysmenorrhoea
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis Adult: 10 mg once daily. Dysmenorrhoea Adult: 20 mg bid. Hepatic Impairment Child-Pugh scale 7-9: I... View More
Renal Impairment CrCl Dosage <30 Initiate with caution.
Hypersensitivity to sulfonamides, NSAIDs and other COX 2 inhibitors; asthma, urticaria; severe hepatic impairment; pregnancy (third trimester); lactatio... View More
Mode of Action
Valdecoxib acts by selectively inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis primarily by blocking cyclooxygenase (COX-2) enzyme. It was withdrawn worldwide, follo... View More
Mild to moderate hepatic impairment; history of ulcer disease or GI bleeding; dehydration, hypertension, history of heart failure, left ventricular dysf... View More
Hypertension, back pain, myalgia, peripheral oedema, influenza-like symptoms, dizziness, headache, abdominal fullness, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, dyspep... View More
Concomitant admin of aspirin may result in an increased risk of GI ulceration and complications. It decreases the antihypertensive effect of antihyperte... View More
Alternative brand for Vaxib
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More