Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Vectra 16 does not cause any harmful side effects.
Information regarding the use of Vectra 16 during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Vectra 16 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Vectra 16 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Vectra 16 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Vectra 16 may not be needed i... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Vectra 16 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Vectra 16 is used to prevent and treat a disorder of the inner ear known as Ménière’s disease. The symptoms include dizziness (vertigo), ringing in the ... View More
Uses of Vectra 16
- Meniere's disease
Side effects of Vectra 16
How to use Vectra 16
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Vectra 16 may be taken wit... View More
How Vectra 16 works
Vectra 16 is a histamine analog. It works by improving the blood flow in the inner ear which reduces the pressure of excess fluid there. Excess fluid ca... View More
What if you forget to take Vectra 16?
If you miss a dose of Vectra 16, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- You have been prescribed Vectra 16 to relieve vertigo (dizziness), hearing problems and tinnitus (noise in the ear) associated with Ménière's disease.
- It can only decrease the number and severity of attacks but may not completely stop them.
- Taking it with food can help reduce stomach problems.
- Take it at the same time each day to maintain a steady amount of the medicine in your body.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcer, asthma, or low blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor first.
Meniere's disease, tinnitus and/or progressive loss of hearing, vertigo, dizziness.
Should be taken with food.
Adult: Initially, 8-16 mg tid. Maintenance: 24-48 mg daily.
Mode of Action
Betahistine improves the microcirculation in the labyrinth which reduces endolymphatic pressure.
Active peptic ulcer, bronchial asthma, pregnancy and lactation.
Rash, pruritus, urticaria, dyspepsia, nausea, peptic ulcer disease, headache, dizziness, insomnia.
May antagonise antihistamines. May decrease bronchodilator effects of beta-2 agonists.
Alternative brand for Vectra 16
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More