Albion Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Minisol. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Minisol during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Minisol is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Minisol may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Minisol in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Minisol in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Minisol is an anti-helminitic medication. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. It works by killing the worms that cause infection. The killed... View More
Uses of Minisol
- Worm infections
Side effects of Minisol
- Hair loss
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal pain
How to use Minisol
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Minisol may be taken with ... View More
How Minisol works
Minisol is an antihelmintic medication. It works by binding to the muscle and nerve cells of worms, causing their paralysis. The worms are unable to mov... View More
- You have been prescribed Minisol to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Mini... View More
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.
Enterobiasis, Ascariasis, Worm infections, Trichinosis
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Single or mixed infections due to susceptible worms Adult: 10 mg/kg as a single dose. Ascariasis Adult: 5 mg/kg as a single dose. Max: 1 g/do... View More
<2 years: Safety and efficacy not established Oral Single or mixed infections due to susceptible worms Child: 10 mg/kg as a single dose.
Mode of Action
Pyrantel is effective against roundworms (Ascaris), threadworms (Enterobius), hookworms and Trichostrongylus. Not effective against whipworm. Acts by pa... View More
Liver dysfunction, anaemia or severe malnutrition. Treat members in close contact with the patient.
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, drowsiness, insomnia, diarrhoea, tenesmus, SGOT elevations, headache, dizziness, rash.
Potentially Fatal: Mutually antagonistic with piperazine.
Alternative brand for Minisol
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More