Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Apresin may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Apresin may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing... View More
Apresin is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Apresin may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. As Apresin may affect your alertness which may affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Apresin in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Apresin should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Apresin may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Inform your do... View More
Apresin is a combination of two medicines used in the treatment of schizophrenia, a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusions. It a... View More
Uses of Apresin
Side effects of Apresin
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Urinary retention
- Increased prolactin level in blood
- Blurred vision
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle stiffness
How to use Apresin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Apresin may be taken with ... View More
How Apresin works
Apresin is a combination of two medicines: Fluphenazine and Nortriptyline which have anxiety-lowering and mood-elevating effects. Fluphenazine is a typi... View More
- Tripnor 0.5 mg/10 mg Tablet helps treat anxiety and depression.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Tripnor 0.5 mg/10 mg Tablet can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine because it can make drowsiness worse.
- It can cause changes in your blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease, thyroid disorder, severe heart disease, or a urinary disorder.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Let your doctor know you are taking Tripnor 0.5 mg/10 mg Tablet before undergoing any surgical procedure.
Headache, Depression, Anxiety, Emotional disturbance, Tension, Fatigue, Sleep disorder, Bodyache, Gastric problems
Adult: 1 tablet 2 to 3 times daily.
Child: Not recommended.
Patients with suspected or established subcortical brain damage, in patients receiving large doses of hypnotics, and in comatose or severely depressed s... View More
Mode of Action
Fluphenazine blocks postsynaptic dopamine D1 and D2 receptors in the mesolimbic system and decreases the release of hypothalamic and hypophyseal hormone... View More
Patients with glaucoma, prostate enlargement, cardiac failure and myocardial infarction. The drug may impair alertness and abilities to drive a car or o... View More
Dryness of mouth, drowsiness, constipation, tachycardia, nasal congestion, blurred vision and excitement.
Reduces antihypertensive effects of guanethidine, methyldopa and clonidine. Lithium toxicity. Reduced bioavailability with antacids. Increased risk of a... View More
Alternative brand for Apresin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More