Piramil PLUS 5/2525mg+5mg
Novartis (Bangladesh) Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Piramil PLUS 5/25 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Piramil PLUS 5/25 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescri... View More
Piramil PLUS 5/25 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the... View More
Piramil PLUS 5/25 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Piramil PLUS 5/25 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Piramil PLUS 5/25 may be needed. Please consult your d... View More
Piramil PLUS 5/25 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Piramil PLUS 5/25 may be needed. Please consult your do... View More
Piramil PLUS 5/25 is a medicine used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). It is a combination of two medicines that helps to control blood press... View More
Uses of Piramil PLUS 5/25
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Piramil PLUS 5/25
- Taste change
- Stomach pain
- Glucose intolerance
- Increased uric acid level in blood
- Increased blood lipid level
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Decreased blood pressure
How to use Piramil PLUS 5/25
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Piramil PLUS 5/25 may be t... View More
How Piramil PLUS 5/25 works
Piramil PLUS 5/25 is a combination of two medicines: Ramipril and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Ramipril is an angiotensin... View More
- You have been prescribed Piramil PLUS 5/25 for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It also lowers your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast, to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- Piramil PLUS 5/25 may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform you doctor about any cough, or throat irritation that doesn't go away.
- Piramil PLUS 5/25 may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.... View More
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the levels of salts such as potassium in your blood while you are taking this... View More
- Do not take Piramil PLUS 5/25 if you’re pregnant or planning pregnancy. It can cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.
Hypertension, Diabetic nephropathy, Congestive heart failure
Oral Essential hypertension Adult: Per tablet contains ramipril 2.5 mg and hydrochlorthiazide 12.5 mg: 1 tablet daily up to a max of 4 tablets daily.
Anuria, hypersensitivity, history of angioedema, bilateral renal artery stenosis, unilateral renal artery stenosis
Mode of Action
Ramipril is a long-acting ACE inhibitor which is metabolised into the active metabolite ramiprilat. Supine and standing blood pressures (BP) are reduced... View More
Severe renal disease, impaired hepatic, allergy or bronchial asthma, systemic lupus erythematosus, acute gout, diabetes mellitus, elderly, collagen vasc... View More
Pancreatitis, jaundice, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, cramps, constipation, gastric irritation, anorexia, aplastic anaemia, agranulocytosis, leukopaenia,... View More
Hydrochlorthiazide in combination with alcohol, barbiturates, or narcotics potentiates orthostatic hypotension. When coadministered with other antihyper... View More
Alternative brand for Piramil PLUS 5/25
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More