Doxofyl 400 SR400mg
Popular Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Doxofyl 400 SR. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Doxofyl 400 SR during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Doxofyl 400 SR is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is... View More
Doxofyl 400 SR does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Doxofyl 400 SR in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Doxofyl 400 SR in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Doxofyl 400 SR is used to treat and prevent symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (a lung disorder in which flow of air to the l... View More
Uses of Doxofyl 400 SR
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Side effects of Doxofyl 400 SR
- Upset stomach
How to use Doxofyl 400 SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Doxofyl 400 SR may be take... View More
How Doxofyl 400 SR works
Doxofyl 400 SR is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
- You have been prescribed Doxofyl 400 SR for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjus... View More
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), bronchial asthma
Tablet Adults: Conventional Tablet 400mg 1 to 3 times a day. Sustained release tablet: 400 mg sustained release tablet once a day. Single dose,... View More
Tablet Children >12 years: 200 mg 2 or 3 times daily. Syrup Children> 12 years: 10 ml, 2 or 3 times daily. Children<12 years: 6 mg/kg/dose twice d... View More
This is contraindicated for individuals who have shown hypersensitivity to Doxofylline and its components. It is also contraindicated in patients with a... View More
Mode of Action
Doxofylline is a theophylline derivative. Similarly, its mechanism of action is related to the inhibition of phosphodiesterase activities, resulting in ... View More
Use with caution in patients with hypoxemia, hyperthyroidism, liver disease, renal disease, in those with history of peptic ulcer and in elderly. Freque... View More
Nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, cephalalgia, irritability, insomnia, tachycardia, extrasystole, tachypnea and occasionally, hyperglycemia and albumin... View More
Other xanthine derivatives, ephedrine, phenytoin & other anticonvulsants, erythromycin, troleandomycin, lincomycin, clindamycin, allopurinol, cimetidine... View More
Alternative brand for Doxofyl 400 SR
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More