Nuvista Pharma Ltd
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Marvelon. Please consult your doctor.
Marvelon is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful eff... View More
Marvelon is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby. Nonhormonal and progestin-only contraceptive... View More
Marvelon does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Marvelon in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Marvelon should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Marvelon may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Marve... View More
Marvelon is a combination of two medicines used for contraception (to prevent pregnancy) and in the treatment of irregular periods. It helps to prevent ... View More
Uses of Marvelon
Side effects of Marvelon
- Stomach pain
- Irregular uterine bleeding
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
How to use Marvelon
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Marvelon may be taken with... View More
How Marvelon works
Marvelon is an oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of egg (ovulation) and affecting sperm movement in the womb to prevent its un... View More
- Your doctor has prescribed Marvelon to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- It may help reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persis... View More
- Do not use Marvelon if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest, or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain,... View More
- Stop taking Marvelon and inform your doctor immediately if you notice your skin and whites of the eye turning yellow (jaundice), severe stomach pain, se... View More
Oral Oral contraception Adult: Dosing instruction may vary according to the brand. For 21-day pack: Start dose on 1st day of menstrual cycle. 1 tabl... View More
History of or current thrombophlebitis or venous thromboembolic disorders; active or recent (within 1 yr) arterial thromboembolic disease e.g. stroke, M... View More
Mode of Action
Desogestrel is a progestogen that is structurally related to levonorgestrel while ethinylestradiol is a synthetic oestrogen. Used together, they inhibit... View More
May increase risk of breast cancer, glucose intolerance and thromboembolism. May affect serum levels of triglyceride and lipoprotein. Caution when used ... View More
Arterial/venous thromboembolism,Edema,Hypertension,MI,Cerebral hemorrhage,Headache,Migraine,Chloasma,Melasma,Breast swelling/tenderness,Menstrual cramps... View More
Serum levels may be increased when used with paracetamol, ascorbic acid, atorvastatin. Serum levels may be reduced by aprepitant, griseofulvin, modafini... View More
Alternative brand for Marvelon
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More