Unimed Unihealth Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Hytrain.
Hytrain may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing... View More
Hytrain is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Hytrain may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Hytrain is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Hytrain is recommended.
Hytrain should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Hytrain may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Hytrain... View More
Hytrain belongs to a class of medicines called as alpha-blocker. It is used to treat high blood pressure and lower your risk of having a heart attack or... View More
Uses of Hytrain
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Side effects of Hytrain
- Low energy
How to use Hytrain
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Hytrain may be taken with ... View More
How Hytrain works
Hytrain is an alpha-blocker. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels. It also relaxes the muscles around the bladder exit and prostate, which... View More
What if you forget to take Hytrain?
If you miss a dose of Hytrain, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- You have been prescribed Hytrain for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It may cause sudden drop in your blood pressure, especially when you first start taking this medicine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing o... View More
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Hytrain as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine causing increased dizziness.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking Hytrain if you are scheduled for a cataract surgery.
- It may also be used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Hypertension, Benign prostatic hyperplasia
May be taken with or without food. Give first dose and subsequent increases at bedtime to avoid syncope
Oral Hypertension Adult: Initially, 1 mg at bedtime, gradually increased at 7-day intervals according to response. Maintenance: 2-10 mg once daily. ... View More
Hypersensitivity to quinazoline derivatives.
Mode of Action
Terazosin is an alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonist which blocks peripheral postsynaptic receptors resulting to decreased arterial tone. It relaxes smooth mu... View More
Prostate cancer should be ruled out before starting therapy. Patient w/ history of micturition syncope, prostate cancer, angina. Elderly. Pregnancy and ... View More
>10% Dizziness (10-20%),Asthenia (2-13%) 1-10% Hypotension (3-7%),Rhinitis/nasal congestion (2-6%),Lightheadedness (3-5%),Somnolence (3-5%),Palpita... View More
Concomitant admin w/ phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors (e.g. sildenafil) can result in additive BP lowering effects and symptomatic hypotension. Po... View More
Alternative brand for Hytrain
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More