General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Methyphen 10 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Methyphen 10 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the devel... View More
Methyphen 10 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Methyphen 10 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. You may feel dizzy, have problems focussing or have blurred vision when ta... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Methyphen 10 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor. Caution should be exercis... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Methyphen 10 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Methyphen 10 is a medicine used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (a behavioral disorder in children marked by poor concentra... View More
Uses of Methyphen 10
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Side effects of Methyphen 10
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abdominal pain
How to use Methyphen 10
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Methyphen 10 may be taken ... View More
How Methyphen 10 works
Methyphen 10 is a CNS stimulant. It works by improving the activity of certain parts of the brain by increasing the levels of certain chemicals (norepin... View More
What if you forget to take Methyphen 10?
If you miss a dose of Methyphen 10, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- It has high habit-forming potential. Do not take more than prescribed.
- Take it early in the morning to prevent insomnia later that night.
- Methyphen 10 may raise your blood pressure and pulse. Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Methyphen 10 can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It can cause a loss of appetite, which can slow growth rate, especially in children. Monitor your child’s height and weight regularly while taking this ... View More
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking medicine without talking to your doctor first.
Narcolepsy, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take 30-45 min before meals.
Oral Narcolepsy Adult: 20-30 mg/day PO divided q8-12hr, 30-45 minutes before meals; some patients may require 40-60 mg/day; in others, 10-15 mg/day ma... View More
Oral Narcolepsy Child >6 years: 5 mg PO BID 30-45 minutes before breakfast and lunch initially; may increase by 5-10 mg/day at weekly intervals; not t... View More
Marked anxiety, tension, agitation; glaucoma; Tourette's syndrome or tics. Known severe structural cardiac abnormalities, cardiomyopathy, serious heart ... View More
Mode of Action
Methylphenidate is a central stimulant and indirect-acting sympathomimetic.
Pregnancy and lactation. History of alcohol or drug abuse. Hypertension and other CV disorders that might be exacerbated by increases in BP or heart rat... View More
Angina, arrhythmia, cerebral arteritis, cerebral occlusion, changes in BP, MI, necrotising vasculitis, palpitation, pulse changes, tachycardia; depressi... View More
May reduce effects of antihypertensive agents. Reduced serum level with carbamazepine. Increased serum levels or effects with CYP2D6 inhibitors e.g. chl... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More