Chemist Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Aminophylline. Please consult your doctor.
Aminophylline may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the deve... View More
Aminophylline is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is ... View More
Aminophylline does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Aminophylline should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Aminophylline may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Aminophylline should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Aminophylline may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Aminophylline is used to treat and prevent symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (a lung disorder in which flow of air to the lu... View More
Uses of Aminophylline
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Side effects of Aminophylline
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
How to use Aminophylline
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Aminophylline is to be tak... View More
How Aminophylline works
Aminophylline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
- You have been prescribed Aminophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjus... View More
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
Oral Chronic bronchospasm Adult: As hydrate: Initially, 225-450 mg bid, increased if necessary. Intravenous Acute severe bronchospasm Adult: Load... View More
Other xanthines. Clearance reduced by allopurinol, some antiarrhythmics, cimetidine, disulfiram, fluvoxamine, interferon-alpha, macrolide antibiotics, q... View More
Neonates, elderly, lactation, pregnancy, cardiac/hepatic diseases, peptic ulceration, hyperthyroidism, hypertension, epilepsy, heart failure, chronic al... View More
Aminophylline is a combination of theophylline and ethylenediamine. Ethylenediamine is inactive; it increases the solubility of theophylline in water. T... View More
Oral Chronic bronchospasm Child: >3 yr: As modified-release hydrate: 12 mg/kg daily increased to 24 mg/kg daily in 2 divided doses after 1 wk. Intr... View More
Mode of Action
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take on an empty stomach at least 1 hr before or 2 hr after meals.
Asthma, Acute bronchospasm, Chronic bronchitis, Emphysema, COPD
Pregnancy Category Note
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, headache, insomnia, dizziness, anxiety, restlessness; tremor, palpitations. Potentially Fatal: Convulsio... View More
Alternative brand for Aminophylline
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More