Delta Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Sitalia 50.
Sitalia 50 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, th... View More
Sitalia 50 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Sitalia 50 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Sitalia 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Sitalia 50 is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Sitalia 50 may not be needed ... View More
Sitalia 50 is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used together with a healthy diet and regular exercise to control blood sugar lev... View More
Uses of Sitalia 50
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Sitalia 50
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages)
How to use Sitalia 50
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sitalia 50 may be taken wi... View More
How Sitalia 50 works
Sitalia 50 is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood s... View More
What if you forget to take Sitalia 50?
If you miss a dose of Sitalia 50, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Sitalia 50 should be taken at the same time every day since this helps you remember to take it.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxie... View More
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Sitalia 50 affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you notice joint pains or develop symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea and/or vomiting.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: 100 mg once daily. Hepatic impairment Mild to moderate impairment: Dose adjustment not necessary Severe impa... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment CrCl >50 mL/min: Dose adjustment not necessary CrCl 30-50 mL/min: 50 mg PO qDay CrCl <30 mL/min: 25 mg PO qDay ESRD: 25 mg PO qDay ... View More
Hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylaxis, angioedema, and exfoliative skin conditions including Stevens-Johnson syndrome can occur. Type 1 diabete... View More
Mode of Action
Sitagliptin inhibits dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV), resulting in prolonged active incretin levels. Incretin hormones increases insulin synthesis and ... View More
Patient w/ type 1 diabetes, history of angioedema. Not intended for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis. Moderate and severe renal impairment. Pregna... View More
1-10% Nasopharyngitis (5%),Diarrhea (4%),Headache (3.6%),Constipation (3%),Peripheral edema (2%),Nausea (2%),Pharyngitis (1%),Osteoarthritis (1%),URI (... View More
Increased risk of hypoglycaemia when used in combination w/ sulfonylureas or insulin.
Alternative brand for Sitalia 50
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More