General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Metiglit 2.
Metiglit 2 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Information regarding the use of Metiglit 2 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Metiglit 2 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Metiglit 2 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of ... View More
Metiglit 2 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Metiglit 2 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Metiglit... View More
Metiglit 2 is a combination medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. This medicine is used together with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar... View More
Uses of Metiglit 2
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Metiglit 2
- Loss of appetite
- Taste change
- Stomach pain
- Edema (swelling)
- Weight gain
- Bone fracture
- Blurred vision
- Respiratory tract infection
How to use Metiglit 2
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Metiglit 2 is to be taken ... View More
How Metiglit 2 works
Metiglit 2 is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Rosiglitazone and Metformin. Rosiglitazone is a thiazolidinedione which works by increasing t... View More
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxi... View More
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing o... View More
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, or any abnormal swelling.
Type 2 DM
Oral Type 2 Diabetes The recommended starting dose of Rosiglitazone/Metformin is 2 mg/500 mg once or twice daily. HbA1c >11% or fasting plasma glu... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment Obtain eGFR before starting metformin eGFR <30 mL/min/1.73 m²: Contraindicated eGFR 30-45 mL/min/1.73 m²: Not recommended to initiat... View More
It is contraindicated in patients with renal disease or renal dysfunction (e.g., as suggested by serum creatinine levels .1.5 mg/dl (males), 1.4 mg/dl (... View More
Mode of Action
Rosiglitazone: Lowers glucose by improving target cell response to insulin without increasing pancreatic cell secretion; activates nuclear peroxisome pr... View More
Rosiglitazone: should not be used in patients with type 1 diabetes. This should be used with caution in patients with edema. Dose-related weight gain wa... View More
>10% Edema (6% to 25% ),Upper respiratory infections (16-20%),Diarrhea (12.7% to 14%),Hypoglycemia (12% ) 1-10% Anemia (4% to 7%),Fatigue (6%),Head... View More
Additive effect w/ sulfonylureas. Thiazide diuretics, corticosteroids, phenothiazines, OC, sympathomimetics, niacin, Ca channel blockers and isoniazid m... View More