Sanofi Bangladesh Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Holoxan.
Holoxan is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in s... View More
Holoxan is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Holoxan may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Holoxan should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Holoxan may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Holoxan should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Holoxan may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Holoxan is used in the treatment of different kinds of cancers. It is given alone or in combination with other chemotherapy medicines, radiotherapy and ... View More
Uses of Holoxan
- Pancreatic cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Breast cancer
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Blood cancer
Side effects of Holoxan
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Hair loss
- Decreased white blood cell count
- Blood in urine
- CNS toxicity
How to use Holoxan
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Holoxan works
Holoxan is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This stops their growth and multiplic... View More
What if you forget to take Holoxan?
If you miss a dose of Holoxan, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your r... View More
- Holoxan is used in combination with other chemotherapy medicines, radiotherapy and surgery to treat cancer of blood, breast, lung, ovaries, pancreas, te... View More
- It is usually given as a slow infusion (drip) into a vein (intravenously) over several hours.
- Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication to minimise damage to your bladder and kidneys.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Use effective measures to avoid pregnancy during treatment with this medicine and for at least 6 months after your last dose as it can be harmful to an ... View More
- Your doctor may have your blood tested regularly to monitor your kidney, liver function and levels of blood cells in your blood.
Breast cancer, Lung cancer, Ovarian cancer, Lymphoma, Testicular cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Osteogenic sarcoma, Cervical cancer
IV Administration Slow IV infusion over 30 min, or continuous infusion over 5 d Mesna should be administered concomitantly (20% of the ifosfamide dose... View More
Intravenous Germ cell testicular carcinoma Adult: 1.2 g/m2/day for 5 days via slow infusion over at least 30 minutes, repeat treatment every 3 wk or a... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <10 Administer 75% of dose.
Hypersensitivity; severe bone-marrow depression. Pregnancy, lactation.
Mode of Action
Ifosfamide is converted to its active metabolites via hepatic microsomal enzymes. These active metabolites act as alkylating agents, disrupting DNA and ... View More
Hepatic or renal dysfunction, compromised bone marrow reserve. Use with mesna and ensure high oral/IV fluid intake to reduce urotoxic effects. Lactat... View More
>10% Alopecia (83%),Nausea (58%),Vomiting (58%),Leukopenia (50%),Hematuria (46%),Metabolic acidosis (31%),Thrombocytopenia (20%),CNS toxicity (12%),Neu... View More
Causes enhanced toxicity with allopurinol, cisplatin. Ifosfamide enhances the anticoagulant effect of warfarin. CYP2A6 inducers (e.g. amobarbital, pento... View More
Alternative brand for Holoxan
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More