Sunman-Birdem Pharma Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with SB-Glim 4.
SB-Glim 4 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developi... View More
SB-Glim 4 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby. M... View More
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
SB-Glim 4 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of SB-Glim 4 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of SB... View More
SB-Glim 4 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of SB-Glim 4 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of SB-... View More
SB-Glim 4 is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It belongs to a group of medicines called sulfonylureas and helps control bloo... View More
Uses of SB-Glim 4
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of SB-Glim 4
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
How to use SB-Glim 4
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. SB-Glim 4 is to be taken w... View More
How SB-Glim 4 works
SB-Glim 4 is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower blood glucose.
What if you forget to take SB-Glim 4?
You should skip a dose of SB-Glim 4 if a meal is skipped, and add a dose of medicine if you eat an extra meal.
- Take it shortly before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals.
- Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) alongside.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how SB-Glim 4 affects you.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxie... View More
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms, such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing ... View More
Type 2 DM
Should be taken with food. Take immediately before or during breakfast, or the 1st main meal of the day. Do not skip meals.
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: Initially, 1-2 mg daily. May be increased in increments of 1-2 mg at intervals of 1-2 wk. Maintenance: 4 mg daily... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment: 1 mg PO qDay; titrate dose based on fasting blood glucose levels Severe: Contraindicated.
Diabetic ketoacidosis with or without coma.
Mode of Action
Glimepiride stimulates the insulin release from pancreatic beta-cells and reduces glucose output from the liver. It also increases insulin sensitivity a... View More
Increased risk of CV mortality. Elderly; hepatic and renal impairment. Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) in patients w... View More
>10% Hypoglycemia (4-20%) 1-10% Dizziness (1.7%),Asthenia (1.6%),Headache (1.5%),Nausea (1.1%) <1% Allergic skin reactions,Erythema,Morbillifor... View More
Salicylates, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, clarithromycin, coumarin anticoagulants, probenecid, CYP2C9 inhibitors, fibric acid derivatives, disopyramid... View More
Alternative brand for SB-Glim 4
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More