Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Docexan.
Docexan is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in s... View More
Docexan is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
It is not known whether Docexan alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and rea... View More
Docexan is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Docexan is recommended.
Docexan should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Docexan may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Docexan is an anti-cancer medication used for the treatment of breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, prostate cancer and cancers of head and neck. ... View More
Uses of Docexan
- Breast cancer
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Cancer of head and neck
Side effects of Docexan
- Edema (swelling)
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
- Nail disorder
How to use Docexan
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Docexan works
Docexan is an anticancer medication. It works by interfering with the microtubule structures which help the cancer cells to divide and multiply. This sl... View More
- Docexan is an anti-cancer medication used for the treatment of breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, prostate cancer and cancers of head and neck.
- Do not take Docexan if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Use reliable methods of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cells and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- It may cause side effects such as swelling of hands, lips, and weight gain. To reduce these side effects your doctor may suggest some medication along w... View More
- Inform your doctor if you notice unexplained bruising or bleeding, sore throat, mouth ulcers, high temperature (fever) or other signs of infection.
Breast cancer, Lung cancer, Prostate cancer, Stomach cancer, Head/neck cancer
IV Preparation Dual vial formulation Requires 2-step dilution Reconstitute vial contents (20 mg/0.5 mL or 80 mg/2 mL) with supplied diluent (13% (w/w... View More
Intravenous Breast cancer Adult: 60-100 mg/m2 by infusion over 1 hr once every 3 wk. In combination w/ doxorubicin or capecitabine or as adjuvant ther... View More
Renal Impairment Dose adjustment not necessary
Previous severe hypersensitivity reaction to docetaxel, the solvent or polysorbate 80. Severe neutropenia; pregnancy, severe liver impairment.
Mode of Action
Docetaxel disrupts the microtubular network in cells that is essential for vital mitotic and interphase cellular functions. It binds to the free tubulin... View More
Lactation. Hepatic impairment. Monitor liver blood function and blood counts regularly. Premedication with oral dexamethsaone at 16 mg daily for 3 days,... View More
>50% Alopecia,Anemia,Leukopenia,Neutropenia,Asthenia 10-50% Fever,Infections,Fluid retention,Hypersensitivity,Skin reactions,Diarrhea,Nausea,Vomiti... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Based on findings in animal reproduction studies and its mechanism of action, therapy can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant wo... View More
CYP3A4 inducers, inhibitors, or substrates may alter docetaxel metabolism.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More