Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Zoltero. Please consult your doctor.
Zoltero is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in s... View More
Zoltero is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Zoltero may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Zoltero in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Zoltero in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Zoltero is used to treat or prevent weakening of the bones (osteoporosis) caused by menopause or use of steroids. Using this medicine can reduce your ri... View More
Uses of Zoltero
Side effects of Zoltero
- Back pain
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain
How to use Zoltero
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Zoltero works
Zoltero is a bisphosphonate. It works by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause destruction of bone. This strengthens the bones and m... View More
What if you forget to take Zoltero?
If you miss a dose of Zoltero. Please consult your doctor.
- You have been prescribed Rokfos Solution for infusion for the treatment of osteoporosis.
- It may also be used to treat high blood calcium levels (hypercalcemia) or bone damage and pain that may occur with cancer.
- It is given by injection into a vein, usually over at least 15 minutes or as directed by your doctor.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration and kidney damage.
- It can lower the level of calcium in the blood. Take calcium and vitamin D supplements as suggested by your doctor.
- You may develop fever or flu like symptoms, such as chills, tiredness and weakness. These are usually temporary and should go away after a few days. You... View More
- Rokfos Solution for infusion may cause a rare condition called osteonecrosis of the jaw. Have regular dental check-ups and inform your doctor if you dev... View More
- Your doctor will monitor your response to Rokfos Solution for infusion by testing your bone mineral density (BMD). This is usually done every 1-3 years.... View More
- Do not take Rokfos Solution for infusion if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Paget's disease of bone, Postmenopausal osteoporosis, Corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis
Reconstitute powder with 5 mL SWI; once powder is fully dissolved, dilute further in 100 mL NS or D5W before administering
Paget's disease of bone Adult: 5 mg as a single infusion over 15 min. Patients should receive elemental Ca 1,500 mg and vit D 800 IU daily particularly... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment CrCl >35 mL/min: No adjustment needed CrCl <35 mL/min: Contraindicated
The drug is contraindicated if patients have hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients or to any bisphosphonates, hypocalcaem... View More
Mode of Action
Zoledronic acid, an aminobiphosphonate, is a potent inhibitor of bone resorption. It inhibits osteoclastic activity and skeletal calcium release caused ... View More
Patient w/ aspirin-sensitive asthma. Mild to moderate renal impairment. Pregnancy. Patient Counselling This drug may cause dizziness, if affected, do no... View More
Arthralgia, fever, flu-like symptoms, myalgia, headache, pain in extremity, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, eye inflammation; alopecia, hyperhidrosis, bone... View More
Increased risk of hypocalcaemia with aminoglycosides and loop diuretics. Increased risk renal dysfunction with nephrotoxic agents.
Alternative brand for Zoltero
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More