Silva Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Atechlor 100 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Atechlor 100 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it... View More
Atechlor 100 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Atechlor 100 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Atechlor 100 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Atechlor 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Reg... View More
Atechlor 100 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Atechlor 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use ... View More
Atechlor 100 is a medicine used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). Atechlor 100 is a combination of two medicines that helps to control blood ... View More
Uses of Atechlor 100
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Atechlor 100
- Cold extremities
- Increased blood uric acid
- Decreased potassium level in blood
- Glucose intolerance
- Slow heart rate
- Decreased sodium level in blood
- Decreased magnesium level in blood
- Increased calcium level in blood
- Increased blood lipid level
How to use Atechlor 100
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Atechlor 100 may be taken ... View More
How Atechlor 100 works
Atechlor 100 is a combination of two blood-pressure lowering medicines: Atenolol and Chlorthalidone. Atenolol is a beta blocker which works specifically... View More
- It is a combination of two blood pressure lowering medications used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Do not stop taking Atechlor 100 suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Atechlor 100 may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
Adult: Per tab contains Atenolol (mg)/Chlorthalidone (mg): 50/25 or 100/25. Initially one tab of 50/25 once daily; may increase to one tab of 100/25 bas... View More
Concomitant admin w/ reserpine may increase hypotension and bradycardia. Additive w/ Ca channel blockers, hydralazine, methyldopa. Increased risk of bra... View More
Bronchospastic disease, renal or hepatic impairment, elderly. May aggravate peripheral arterial circulatory disorder. Beta-blocker can depress myocardia... View More
Atenolol is a beta-blocker that acts preferentially on the ?1 adrenergic receptors in the heart. Chlorthalidone is a thiazide-like diuretic that reduces... View More
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 15-35 Max dose of Atenolol component: 50 mg/day <15 Max dose of Atenolol component: 50 mg every other day.
Pregnancy Category Note
Atenolol: Dyspnoea, wheeziness, bradycardia, hypotension, cold extremities, fatigue, dizziness, insomnia, lethargy, confusion, headache, depression, nig... View More
Sinus bradycardia, 2nd or 3rd degree heart block, cardiogenic shock, anuria, hypersentivity to either product or sulphonamide derivatives.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More