Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Iminem. Please consult your doctor.
Iminem may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing ... View More
Iminem is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Iminem may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. There are some side effects associated with this medicine (such as seeing, heari... View More
Iminem should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Iminem may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Iminem in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Iminem is a combination of antibiotic medicines. It is prescribed to treat various types of severe bacterial infections. It fights against the infection... View More
Uses of Iminem
- Severe bacterial infections
Side effects of Iminem
How to use Iminem
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Iminem works
Iminem is a combination of two medicines: Imipenem and Cilastatin. Imipenem is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial prot... View More
- Iminem is used to treat severe bacterial infections, including those acquired in hospital and those involving many different types of bacteria.
- It is given by a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion) over 20 to 60 minutes.
- Tell you doctor if you are allergic to penicillin as this medicine should be avoided or used with caution in penicillin allergy.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver and kidney function while you are having treatment with this medication.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your sto... View More
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Cystic fibrosis, Bacterial septicemia, Endocarditis, Susceptible infections, Lower Respiratory Tract Infections, Gonorrhea, Skin and skin structure infe... View More
IV Preparation Reconstitute infusion bottles with 100 mL of compatible diluent Reconstitute vials with a portion (usually 10 mL) of IV fluid withdawn ... View More
Lower Respiratory Tract, Skin/Skin Structure, & Gynecologic Infections Mild to moderate: 500-750 mg IV q12hr Intra-abdominal Infections Mild to mod... View More
Child: IV, IM 60–100 mg/kg/day q6h IM form not approved for <12 y
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 31-70 500 mg every 6-8 hr 21-30 500 mg every 8-12 hr 6-20 250 mg or 3.5 mg/kg (whichever is lower) every 12 hr <5 O... View More
Mode of Action
Imipenem is a potent inhibitor of bacterial cell wall synthesis and is bactericidal against a broad spectrum of pathogens. It is resistant to degradatio... View More
Caution when used in patients with known hypersensitivity to other beta-lactams due to possibility of cross-sensitivity. CNS disorders such as epilepsy;... View More
1-10% Phlebitis (2-5%),Eosinophilia (4%),Miscellaneous dermatologic effects (<3%),Potentially false-positive Coombs test (2%),Miscellaneous hematologic... View More
Concurrent admin with probenecid may increase the half-life of cilastatin. Increased risk of generalised seizures when used concurrently with ganciclovi... View More
Alternative brand for Iminem
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More