Marketed by Unimed & Unihealth Manufacturers Ltd
Additional OffersShow all
Risperdal Consta may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Risperdal Consta may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the d... View More
Risperdal Consta is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the bab... View More
Risperdal Consta may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Risperdal Consta should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Risperdal Consta may be needed. Please consult your doc... View More
Risperdal Consta should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Risperdal Consta may be needed. Please consult your doct... View More
Risperdal Consta is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia (a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusions and... View More
Uses of Risperdal Consta
Side effects of Risperdal Consta
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Muscle stiffness
How to use Risperdal Consta
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not handle the strips/film with wet hands. Keep it in your mouth but do not sw... View More
How Risperdal Consta works
Risperdal Consta is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by affecting the levels of chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) to improve mood, thought... View More
- Sizodon MD 0.5 Tablet helps treat schizophrenia and mania.
- It may cause less weight gain, sedation, and heart problems as compared to other similar medicines.
- It may take 4-6 weeks to notice any medication effects. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Sizodon MD 0.5 Tablet can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It may cause increase in weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and fat. Eat healthy, exercise, and monitor your levels regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any abnormal movements or restlessness.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart diseases as Sizodon MD 0.5 Tablet can increase your risk of irregular heartbeat.
- Do not stop taking Sizodon MD 0.5 Tablet without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Acute and chronic psychoses, Mania, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder.
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Schizophrenia 2 mg/day initially; may be increased in increments of 1-2 mg/day at intervals >24 hours Recommended target dosage: 2-8 mg/day once... View More
Oral Schizophrenia <13 years: Safety and efficacy not established >13 years: 0.5 mg/day PO in morning or evening initially; may be increased in incre... View More
Renal impairment: Initially, 0.5 mg bid, may increase in steps of 0.5 mg bid, up to 1-2 mg bid. Dose increments above 1.5 mg bid should be made at int... View More
Risperidone is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to the product.
Mode of Action
Risperidone is an atypical antipsychotic. Its activity is mediated through a combination of dopamine (D2) and serotonin (5-HT2) receptor antagonism. It ... View More
Preexisting CV diseases; discontinue use if signs and symptoms of tardive dyskinesia occur; renal and hepatic impairment, elderly, epilepsy; parkinsonis... View More
>10% Somnolence (40-45%),Insomnia (26-30%),Agitation (20-25%),Anxiety (10-15%),Headache (10-15%),Rhinitis (10-15%),Fatigue (18-31%),Parkinsonism (28-62... View More
May antagonise the effects of levodopa and dopamine agonists. May increase serum levels of clozapine when used together. Increased serum levels of carba... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More