Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Ifomes. Please consult your doctor.
Ifomes is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there ... View More
Ifomes is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Ifomes may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. As patients undergoing treatment with Ifomes may experience undesirable effects ... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Ifomes in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Ifomes in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Ifomes is used to prevent ifosfamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis. But, its not used to reduce the risk of blood in the urine due to other medical condi... View More
Uses of Ifomes
- Ifosfamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis
Side effects of Ifomes
- Abdominal pain
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Flu-like symptoms
How to use Ifomes
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Ifomes works
Ifomes helps to reduce the risk of inflammation and bleeding in the bladder, who receive ifosfamide (a medicine used to treat cancer).
- Drink at least 1 litre of fluid daily while you are receiving mesna.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe allergic reactions like rash, itching, breathing difficulty, chest tightness, and swelling of ... View More
- Do not drive or operate machinery as mesna may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or light headedness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You will be monitored for blood or protein in urine during the treatment of mesna.
- Do not take if allergic to mesna or any of its ingredients (thiol containing compound)
IV Preparation Reconstitute w/ D5W, NS, dextrose/saline or LR to a final concentration of 20 mg/mL IV Administration IVP: bolus 15 min before ifosf... View More
Intravenous Prophylaxis against urothelial toxicity With Ifosfamide 240 mg/sq.meter (if receiving 1.2 g/sq.meter ifosfamide dose) IVP 15 minutes befo... View More
Hypersensitivity to thiol-containing compounds.
Mode of Action
Mesna is used to prevent urothelial toxicity associated with oxazaphosphorine, ifosfamide or cyclophosphamide. It acts in the kidney; reacting with thio... View More
Protective effect applies only to the urinary tract; pregnancy, lactation. Patients with auto-immune disorders. IV formulation may contain benzyl alcoho... View More
>10% Nausea (>50%),Vomiting (29%),Anorexia.Asthenia,Fatigue,Fever,Abdominal pain,Constipation,Anemia,Granulocytopenia,Leukopenia,Thrombocytopenia,Alope... View More
Mesna is incompatible in vitro with cisplatin and nitrogen mustard.
Alternative brand for Ifomes
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More