Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Stilamin. Please consult your doctor.
Stilamin may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developin... View More
Stilamin is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Stilamin alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and re... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Stilamin in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Stilamin in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Stilamin is a medicine used in the treatment of acromegaly, carcinoid tumors, and bleeding esophageal varices. It works by blocking certain hormones in ... View More
Uses of Stilamin
- Carcinoid tumours
- Bleeding esophageal varices
Side effects of Stilamin
- Abdominal pain
- Increased glucose level in blood
- Injection site reaction
How to use Stilamin
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Stilamin works
Stilamin works by blocking the effects of certain natural hormones in the body such as serotonin and growth hormone. It also decreases bleeding from foo... View More
What if you forget to take Stilamin?
If you miss a dose of Stilamin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your ... View More
- Stilamin helps treat acromegaly and certain hormone-producing tumors of stomach, liver, and pancreas.
- It is given as an injection under the skin or into a vein.
- It may temporarily cause pain at the site of injection. You can relieve this by gently rubbing the site of injection for a few seconds afterwards.
- When used long term, your doctor may monitor your thyroid function, gallbladder function, liver function and vitamin b12 levels regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medicines to control your blood pressure or if you are diabetic.
- Women who do not wish to conceive should practice an effective method for contraception while taking this medication.
Intravenous Gastrointestinal haemorrhage Adult: Initially, 250 mcg as a bolus inj over 3-5 min, followed by a continuous infusion of 3.5 mcg/kg/hr unt... View More
Mode of Action
Somatostatin is a polypetide obtained synthetically or from the hypothalamus. It acts by inhibiting the release of growth hormone from the anterior pitu... View More
Monitor blood glucose levels. May inhibit intestinal absorption thus concomitant parenteral nutrition may be recommended.
Rapid infusion may lead to abdominal discomfort, nausea, flushing, bradycardia.
Lengthens the time of hexobarbital-induced sleep & potentiates the action of pentetrazol.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More