Unimed Unihealth Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Protace H may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Protace H is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in... View More
Protace H is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Protace H may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Protace H should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Protace H may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Regular m... View More
Protace H should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Protace H may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Protace H is a medicine used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). It is a combination of two medicines that helps to control blood pressure when... View More
Uses of Protace H
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Protace H
- Taste change
- Stomach pain
- Glucose intolerance
- Increased uric acid level in blood
- Increased blood lipid level
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Decreased blood pressure
How to use Protace H
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Protace H may be taken wit... View More
How Protace H works
Protace H is a combination of two medicines: Ramipril and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Ramipril is an angiotensin-convert... View More
- You have been prescribed Protace H for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It also lowers your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast, to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- Protace H may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform you doctor about any cough, or throat irritation that doesn't go away.
- Protace H may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the levels of salts such as potassium in your blood while you are taking this... View More
- Do not take Protace H if you’re pregnant or planning pregnancy. It can cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.
Hypertension, Diabetic nephropathy, Congestive heart failure
Oral Essential hypertension Adult: Per tablet contains ramipril 2.5 mg and hydrochlorthiazide 12.5 mg: 1 tablet daily up to a max of 4 tablets daily.
Anuria, hypersensitivity, history of angioedema, bilateral renal artery stenosis, unilateral renal artery stenosis
Mode of Action
Ramipril is a long-acting ACE inhibitor which is metabolised into the active metabolite ramiprilat. Supine and standing blood pressures (BP) are reduced... View More
Severe renal disease, impaired hepatic, allergy or bronchial asthma, systemic lupus erythematosus, acute gout, diabetes mellitus, elderly, collagen vasc... View More
Pancreatitis, jaundice, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, cramps, constipation, gastric irritation, anorexia, aplastic anaemia, agranulocytosis, leukopaenia,... View More
Hydrochlorthiazide in combination with alcohol, barbiturates, or narcotics potentiates orthostatic hypotension. When coadministered with other antihyper... View More
Alternative brand for Protace H
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More