Delta Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Cildocal 5. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Cildocal 5 during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Cildocal 5 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Cildocal 5 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Cildocal 5 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Cildocal 5 may not be needed... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Cildocal 5 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Cildocal 5 is a medicine used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It belongs to a class of medicines known as a calcium channel blocker which h... View More
Uses of Cildocal 5
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Cildocal 5
- Ankle swelling
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Edema (swelling)
- Abdominal pain
How to use Cildocal 5
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cildocal 5 may be taken wi... View More
How Cildocal 5 works
Cildocal 5 is a calcium channel blocker. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels, which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throu... View More
What if you forget to take Cildocal 5?
If you miss a dose of Cildocal 5, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking Cildocal 5. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, ... View More
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform any activity that requires mental focus until you know how Cildocal 5 affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Oral Hypertension Adult: 5-10 mg once daily, increase to 20 mg once daily if necessary.
Cardiogenic shock; recent MI or acute unstable angina; severe aortic stenosis.
Mode of Action
Cilnidipine is a dihydropyridine calcium-channel blocker. It inhibits cellular influx of calcium, thus causing vasodilatation. It has greater selectivit... View More
Hypotension, poor cardiac reserve, heart failure. Sudden withdrawal may exacerbate angina. Discontinue in patients who experience ischemic pain followin... View More
Dizziness; flushing; headache; hypotension; peripheral oedema; tachycardia; palpitations; GI disturbances; increased micturition frequency; lethargy; ey... View More
Other antihypertensives; aldesleukin; antipsychotics that cause hypotension; may modify insulin and glucose responses; quinidine; carbamazepine; phenyto... View More
Alternative brand for Cildocal 5
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More