Linax Plus 2.5/5002.5mg+500mg
The Ibn Sina Pharmaceutical Ind. Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Linax Plus 2.5/500.
Linax Plus 2.5/500 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; how... View More
Linax Plus 2.5/500 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to th... View More
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Linax Plus 2.5/500 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Linax Plus 2.5/500 may be needed. Please consult your... View More
Linax Plus 2.5/500 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Linax Plus 2.5/500 may be needed. Please consult your ... View More
Linax Plus 2.5/500 is a combination of two medicines that control high blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. This helps prevent se... View More
Uses of Linax Plus 2.5/500
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Linax Plus 2.5/500
- Upset stomach
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Sore throat
- Respiratory tract infection
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
How to use Linax Plus 2.5/500
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Linax Plus 2.5/500 is to b... View More
How Linax Plus 2.5/500 works
Linax Plus 2.5/500 is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Metformin and Linagliptin. Metformin is an antidiabetic medication (biguanide). It wo... View More
What if you forget to take Linax Plus 2.5/500?
If you miss a dose of Linax Plus 2.5/500, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go bac... View More
- Trajenta Duo 2.5mg/500mg Tablet should be taken with food to lower the chances of having an upset stomach.
- Take it in addition to regular exercise and a healthy diet to lower the levels of blood sugar.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar... View More
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have any surgery under a general anaesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting or stomach pain as Trajenta Duo 2.5mg/500mg Tabl... View More
Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
Should be taken with meals to reduce the gastrointestinal undesirable effects associated with metformin.
Indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus when treatment with both linagliptin an... View More
<18 years: Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment Obtain eGFR before starting metformin eGFR <30 mL/min/1.73 m²: Contraindicated eGFR 30-45 mL/min/1.73 m²: Not recommended to initi... View More
Hypersensitivity. Type 1 diabetes, diabetic ketoacidosis or pre-coma, renal failure or dysfunction (CrCl <60 mL/min), hepatic insufficiency, acute alcoh... View More
Mode of Action
Linagliptin: Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitor; increases and prolongs incretin hormone activity from glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose... View More
Monitor for pancreatitis, hypoglycaemia, lactic acidosis, renal impairment. Intravascular administration of iodinated contrast agents. Co-administration... View More
>10% Hypoglycemia (with sulfonylurea) (22.9%) 1-10% Nasopharyngitis (6.3%),Diarrhea (6.3%),Hypoglycemia (without sulfonylurea) (1.4%) Frequency ... View More
Linagliptin: Inhibits P-glycoprotein-mediated transport of digoxin (w/ low potency). Increased AUC & Cmax w/ ritonavir. Decreased steady-state AUC & Cma... View More
Alternative brand for Linax Plus 2.5/500
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More