Bisopro 5 Plus5mg+6.25mg
Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Bisopro 5 Plus may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Bisopro 5 Plus may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the dev... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Bisopro 5 Plus is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether Bisopro 5 Plus alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate ... View More
Bisopro 5 Plus should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Bisopro 5 Plus may be needed. Please consult your doctor.... View More
Bisopro 5 Plus should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Bisopro 5 Plus may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Bisopro 5 Plus is a medicine used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). Bisopro 5 Plus is a combination of two medicines that helps to control bl... View More
Uses of Bisopro 5 Plus
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Bisopro 5 Plus
- Cold extremities
- Slow heart rate
- Increased blood uric acid
- Decreased potassium level in blood
- Glucose intolerance
- Altered blood lipid level
- Decreased magnesium level in blood
- Increased calcium level in blood
How to use Bisopro 5 Plus
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Bisopro 5 Plus may be take... View More
How Bisopro 5 Plus works
Bisopro 5 Plus is a combination of two blood-pressure lowering medicines: Bisoprolol and Hydrochlorothiazide. Bisoprolol is a beta blocker. It works spe... View More
- It is a combination of two blood pressure lowering medications used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Do not stop taking Bisopro 5 Plus suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Bisopro 5 Plus may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
Hypertension, Congestive heart failure, HTN, Angina pectoris
May be taken with or without food.
Adult: PO Initial: 2.5 mg/6.25 mg tablet once daily. Increase based on clinical response in 2 weeks, Maximum: bisoprolol 20 mg/hydrochlorothiazide 12... View More
Renal Impairment Use caution in dosing/titrating patients with renal dysfunction Cumulative effects of thiazides may develop with impaired renal fun... View More
Low cardiac output and uncompensated cardiac failure; sinus bradycardia, 1st ° heart block, cardiogenic shock, bronchospasm; severe haemorrhage. Pregnan... View More
Mode of Action
Bisoprolol fumarate/hydrochlorothiazide is a fixed-combination tablet that combines a Beta adrenergic receptor blocker, bisoprolol fumarate, and a thiaz... View More
Bronchospastic disease, hyperthyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, undergoing anaesthesia. Monitor blood glucose regularly. May mask symptoms of hypo... View More
1-10% Bisoprolol fumarate Arthralgia (3%), asthenia (2%), cough (3%), diarrhea (4%), dizziness (10%), dry mouth (1%), dyspnea (2%), fatigue (8%), head... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: C Lactation: excreted in breast milk, use caution
Bisoprolol : May potentiate AV conduction time and may increase negative inotropic effect w/ class I antiarrhythmic drugs (e.g. quinidine, disopyramide,... View More
Alternative brand for Bisopro 5 Plus
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More