Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Vibrenta Penset.
Vibrenta Penset may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the de... View More
Vibrenta Penset is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and i... View More
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Vibrenta Penset should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Vibrenta Penset may be needed. Please consult your docto... View More
Vibrenta Penset should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Vibrenta Penset may be needed. Please consult your doctor... View More
Vibrenta Penset is a long-acting type of insulin used to treat types 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus in both adults and children. It provides a steady level o... View More
Uses of Vibrenta Penset
- Diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2)
Side effects of Vibrenta Penset
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Injection site allergic reaction
- Lipodystrophy (skin thickening or pits at the injection site)
How to use Vibrenta Penset
Your doctor or nurse will guide you how to use this medicine.
How Vibrenta Penset works
Vibrenta Penset is a long-acting insulin that provides consistent, all-day sugar control. It works like your body's natural insulin. Insulin facilitates... View More
- Lantus 100IU/ml Solution for Injection is injected under the skin. It needs to be injected once daily, at the same time every day.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption than other injection sites.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) alongside.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) is a common side effect. Hence, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is required while taking this medicine.
- Always carry some high sugar food such as sugar candy or glucose candy, fruit juice and glucose/glucon-D with you so that you can take it when you exper... View More
- Opened vials/cartridge stay good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).
- Do not use if the preparation is no longer clear and colorless, or if it contains particles.
Administer subcutaneously in the upper arm, thigh or abdominal wall. A subcutaneous injection into the abdominal wall results in a faster absorption tha... View More
Subcutaneous Type 1 or 2 Diabetes Mellitus Initial dose Type 1 diabetes mellitus: Starting dose should be approximately one third of the total daily ... View More
Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus It is a long-acting human insulin analogue indicated to improve glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus; ... View More
Renal impairment: Dose adjustments may be needed.
Hypoglycaemia; IV route.
Mode of Action
Insulin glargine, a long-acting analog of human insulin, regulates carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism by inhibiting hepatic glucose production and... View More
Renal or hepatic impairment; pregnancy; lactation; child <6 yrs. Transferring from other insulin. Monitor serum glucose, potassium, electrolytes, HbA1c ... View More
Hypoglycaemia, lipodystrophy, pruritus, rash, wt gain, sodium retention and oedema. Inj site reactions e.g. pain, itching, hives, swelling and inflammat... View More
Effects may be increased by: oral antidiabetic agents, ACE inhibitors, disopyramide, fibrates, fluoxetine, MAOIs, propoxyphene, salicylates, somatostati... View More
Alternative brand for Vibrenta Penset
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More