Drug International Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Grafil. Please consult your doctor.
Grafil may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing ... View More
Grafil is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Grafil may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Grafil may cause fatigue. This may affect your driving ability.
Grafil is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Grafil is recommended.
Grafil is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Grafil is recommended.
Grafil is used to prevent infections after chemotherapy. It is a growth factor that stimulates the bone marrow to produce white blood cells. These cells... View More
Uses of Grafil
- Infections after chemotherapy
Side effects of Grafil
- Bone pain
- Increased lactate dehydrogenase level in blood
- Increased uric acid level in blood
- Oropharyngeal pain
- Hair loss
- Decreased appetite
- Breathing problems
How to use Grafil
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Grafil works
Grafil is a growth factor that stimulates the bone marrow to produce white blood cells. These cells protect the body against infections. .
What if you forget to take Grafil?
If you miss a dose of Grafil, please consult your doctor.
- Grafil reduces the risk of infection in people treated with chemotherapy.
- It is usually given as a daily injection into the tissue just under the skin or into the vein.
- You will normally receive your first dose at least 24 hours after your chemotherapy or bone marrow transplant.
- Store it in the refrigerator, protect it from light, and don't shake it.
- For a more comfortable injection, leave the syringe at room temperature for 30 minutes before using it.
- Pain or redness in the area of injection is common. Let your doctor know if you notice a lump, swelling, or bruising that doesn't go away.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Grafil may cause dizziness.
- Your doctor may get regular tests done to monitor the number of blood cells in your blood, and your bone density level while you are receiving treatment... View More
- Stop taking Grafil and inform your doctor if you have a fever, shortness of breath, fast rate of breathing or trouble breathing.
Myelosuppressive chemotherapy, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, receiving induction or consolidation chemotherapy, Peripheral blood progenitor cell collection an... View More
IV Preparation Vials may be diluted in D5W to >15 mcg/mL for infusion 5-15 mcg/mL dilution: Protect from adsorption to plastic materials by the additi... View More
Parenteral Chemotherapy-induced neutropenia Adult: 5 mcg/kg daily as a single daily SC inj, as a continuous IV or SC infusion, or as a daily IV infusi... View More
Hypersensitivity to E. coli derived proteins, Filgrastim or any component of the product. Myeloid malignancies. Not to be used within 24 hr of cytotoxic... View More
Mode of Action
Filgrastim is a granulocyte-colony stimulating factor which binds to cell surface receptors on haemetopoietic cells thus stimulating the development of ... View More
Filgrastim should not be administered within 24 hours before and after chemotherapy. Premalignant or malignant myeloid condition; sickle-cell disease; o... View More
>10% Nausea (57%),Vomiting (57%),Bone pain (22%-33%),Alopecia (18%),Diarrhea (14%),Fever (12%),Fatigue (11%) 1-10% Headache,Anorexia,Chest pain,Cou... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Available data from published studies, including several observational studies of pregnancy outcomes in women exposed to filgrastim products ... View More
Myelosuppressive antineoplastic agents. Drugs which may potentiate the release of neutrophils e.g. lithium.
Alternative brand for Grafil
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More