Drug International Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Depomed IM/IV.
Depomed IM/IV may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the deve... View More
Depomed IM/IV is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is ... View More
Depomed IM/IV may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Undesirable effects, such as dizziness, vertigo, visual disturbances and ... View More
Depomed IM/IV is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Depomed IM/IV is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you ha... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Depomed IM/IV in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Depomed IM/IV is a medicine used to treat wide variety of medical conditions such as severe conditions, asthma, rheumatic disorder, skin and eye disorde... View More
Uses of Depomed IM/IV
- Rheumatic disorder
- Skin disorders
- Eye disorders
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
Side effects of Depomed IM/IV
- Thinning of skin
- Increased risk of infection
- Reduction in bone density
- Weight gain
- Mood changes
- Upset stomach
- Behavioural changes
How to use Depomed IM/IV
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Depomed IM/IV is to be tak... View More
How Depomed IM/IV works
Depomed IM/IV is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelli... View More
- Depomed IM/IV helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction ... View More
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Depomed IM/IV can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Depomed IM/IV. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Depomed IM/IV suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive, Allergic conditions
Should be taken with food.
Oral Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive Adult: Initially, 2-60 mg daily in 1-4 divided doses, depending on the disease being treated. Allergic ... View More
Oral Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive Child: 0.5-1.7 mg/kg daily or 5-25 mg/m2 daily in divided doses 6-12 hrly. Usual dosing range, 0.117-1... View More
Systemic fungal infections and known hypersensitivity to components.
Mode of Action
Methylprednisolone is a synthetic corticosteroid with mainly glucocorticoid activity and minimal mineralocorticoid properties. It decreases inflammation... View More
Patient w/ heart failure, HTN, DM, GI disease (e.g. diverticulitis, intestinal anastomoses, peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis), multiple sclerosis, myast... View More
Adrenal suppression, anaphylactoid reactions, immunosuppression, acute myopathy, Kaposi's sarcoma, psychiatric disturbances (e.g. depression, euphoria, ... View More
Loss of corticosteroid-induced adrenal suppression w/ aminoglutethimide. Risk of hypokalaemia w/ K-depleting agents (e.g. amphotericin B, diuretics). De... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More