Met XR 11gm
Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Met XR 1.
Met XR 1 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, ther... View More
Met XR 1 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Met XR 1 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Met XR 1 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Met ... View More
Met XR 1 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Met XR 1 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Met XR 1 is ... View More
Met XR 1 is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control blood sugar levels and thus prevent serious complications of diabetes. I... View More
Uses of Met XR 1
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Met XR 1
- Taste change
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
How to use Met XR 1
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Met XR 1 is to be taken wi... View More
How Met XR 1 works
Met XR 1 is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying the absorption of sugar (glucose) fr... View More
What if you forget to take Met XR 1?
If you miss a dose of Met XR 1, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your ... View More
- You have been prescribed Met XR 1 to control the blood sugar level and reduce the risk of diabetic complications such as heart attacks.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser with this medicine as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar... View More
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Met XR 1 may cause a rare b... View More
- Prolonged use of Met XR 1 may lead to vitamin B12 deficiency which may lead to anemia, causing fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath or headache. Noti... View More
- Your doctor will monitor your blood sugar levels and kidney functions regularly while you are taking this medication.
Type 2 DM, Polycystic ovarian syndrome,
Should be taken with food.
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: Conventional preparation: Initially, 500 mg bid or tid, or 850 mg 1-2 times daily, may increase gradually to 2000... View More
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Child: >10 yr Initially, 500 mg 1-2 times daily or 850 mg once daily, may increase gradually to max 2000 mg daily in 2 o... View More
Renal impairment Obtain eGFR before starting metformin eGFR <30 mL/min/1.73 m²: Contraindicated eGFR 30-45 mL/min/1.73 m²: Not recommended to initiat... View More
Acute or chronic metabolic acidosis with or without coma (including diabetic ketoacidosis). Renal failure, severe renal or hepatic impairment, acute con... View More
Mode of Action
Metformin is a biguanide w/ antihyperglycaemic effects, lowering both basal and postprandial plasma glucose. It decreases hepatic glucose production by ... View More
Caution when used in patients with CHF especially in those with unstable or acute heart failure. Risk of lactic acid accumulation increases with the deg... View More
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, wt loss, flatulence, occasional metallic taste; weakness; hypoglycaemia; rash, malabsorption of vit B12. Chest di... View More
Additive effect w/ sulfonylureas. Thiazide diuretics, corticosteroids, phenothiazines, OC, sympathomimetics, niacin, Ca channel blockers and isoniazid m... View More
Alternative brand for Met XR 1
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More